Chandelier

Meredith woke up the next morning, alone in the bedroom of the bungalow. She didn't really know what she expected however. She threw a dress on with a pair of flip flops, not wanting to go to the beach today. When she left the bedroom, Derek was nowhere to be seen in the house and she sighed, grabbing her bag and slipping her sunglasses on, beginning the walk to town. It wasn't that long of a walk and the town was beautiful. There were market stalls with colorful fruits that she loved, with others selling handmade items that she couldn't resist. She spent a few house in town, exploring all it had to offer, before she realized how hot she was and turned around to go back to the resort.

Upon returning, she sighed when she noticed Derek's phone on the kitchen counter. Dammit, he was home. She dropped her things in the bedroom, adjusting her black mini dress and running her fingers through her hair. She didn't feel like dealing with this mess; she was done dealing with any mess. The were in the same position they'd been in over a year ago. He was focused on work and not his wife and she was upset and frustrated. She slipped her feet out of her flip flops and grabbed her phone, moving through the house so she was on the desk. The sun was high in the sky and it was a beautiful day; she didn't want to go home tomorrow.

She felt a presence behind her and turned; it was Derek who looked worse for wear.

"Oh, it's you," she said disdainfully, turning to go back inside. He caught her wrist and pulled her back to look at her. She was mad and hurt still and didn't have the energy to do this. "What do you want?" she said angrily, looking up at him.

"Mere, I'm sorry. I fucked up again and ignored you on our honeymoon and that wasn't okay. You're worth so much more than I give you half the time and yet you patiently wait." Meredith just stood there seething, her eyes glaring at him.

"Acknowleding what you did doesn't make up for what you did, you know," she spat out. She was feisty, she was the daughter of Ellis Grey, she wasn't going to let him off this easily. He swallowed. He always forgot what a force of nature his wife was.

"Let me make it up to you. Give me a few hours," he pleaded, and Meredith glared at him as he stood there.

"Why are you still standing there? You have a few hours," she said coldly, before turning away and heading down to the beach for a walk.

Meredith returned a few hours later to find Derek sitting on the couch. He beckoned her to him, and despite her rage she sat down in an arm chair by him.

"Put on the nicest thing you've brought and get all dressed up," he told her, as she nodded silently. Being mad apparently didn't make her resistant to his charms, and she floated to the bedroom to inspect what she had hanging in the closet. She chose a rose colored silky gown that had thin, delicate straps. She kept her hair hanging down her back, using light makeup on her face and stepping into a pair of cream colored bejeweled heels, before finding a clutch and tossing her ID, phone, and lipstick inside. She liked how she looked as she gazed at herself in the mirror, before opening the door and stepping into the main room. Derek was on the couch, already dressed, playing with his phone, and she cleared her throat to let him know she was there.

He jumped up and immediately his breath was taken away. She looked stunning, the rays of sunshine filtering through the windows catching on her dress. She looked perfect. He found his voice and cleared his throat.

"Come, there's a car waiting for us," he said, taking her hand and leading her outside to a private car. She slid in the backseat and he slid in next to her, and they were off.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?" she asked him and he just smiled over at her.

"You'll see," he said, and she turned to look out the window. God, he had really severely fucked up. They were quiet the whole way there, and once they arrived at the huge resort he helped her out of the car. "Come on Mere," he said, taking his hand and leading her to the five star restaurant on the second floor of the hotel. Meredith was mildly impressed, but due to her bullshit level and how high Derek had gone above it, she wasn't amused. They were seated by the window which overlooked the beach and ocean.