10 | PARTIES

"The truth is, is that you could slit my throat and with my last gasping breath, I'd apologise for bleeding on your shirt.—Unknown

[10]

I JUMP IN fright when I hear the front door open and close. My hands shake as I stand in the kitchen with my back turned away from the door. The heavy footsteps of David's draw closer and I shiver in anticipation.

"I'm home!" He shouts and opens the French doors that lead to the kitchen. Suddenly, the footsteps stop. I heavily sigh in frustration before turning around to meet a smirking David.

"Miss me, Princess?" I grab onto the counter to keep myself from collapsing, my body still shaking in absolute fear.

I shake my head but pause and instead nod, not wanting to anger him.

"Well that's good," he starts, "because I missed you so much. In fact, there was this real bitch that kept bugging me. She just kept coming at me and I got really angry. I was this close to breaking her fingers..." I wince at the thought. He's done it to me before.

"You're so annoying!" David shouts. "You've ruined my life, you ruin everything you horrible whore!"

A punch is thrown to my stomach but that is soon followed by more. I'm in so much pain that I can't even talk.

"Talking to Peter, aye? Thought that maybe if you left hints about me hitting you, he would save you?"

I shake my head. No.

"Oh really? Because he came up to me asking if everything was okay at home, said you showed him one of your teeny, tiny bruises." David spits on me in disgust and grabs my hair, slamming my head into the wall repeatedly.

Pain travels its way up my neck making me gasp loudly.

"Oh, I'm sorry, am I hurting you?" David asks sympathetically. I nod my head, tears falling down my face.

"Here," David says offering me his hand. I freeze and contemplate. David looks awfully sorrowful and pitiful for the pain I'm in. I take his hand.

Worst decision I've made in a long time.

He roughly grabs a hold of my fingers and brings them back towards the front of my forehand. I scream in pain but that doesn't stop him. He keeps going...until they just...snap. My three middles fingers break.

I let out a high, deathly scream. My hand feels like it had snapped into two, but really, in reality, it had.

"You're such a worthless piece of shit."

David walks away leaving me and my broken fingers behind.

"It's kind of sad that she was annoying, I mean, she did have a nice ass - " David pauses before looking me up and down in disgust, "unlike someone."

I inwardly smile. I didn't appeal sexually towards David and I've never been so happy in my life. Literally.

David grabs hold of my arm. I didn't really realise he had gotten this close. His nails press further into my skin making me hiss in pain, but then, he stops like he'd remembered something.

David lets go and walks away.

I stand frozen in my spot, confusion flooding my mind. Did David really just stop? I breathe out in absolute shock.