13 | HOSPITALS

"Look at your cuts. Or your burns. Or those bruises you gave yourself. Each one is a battle with yourself that you will overcome." — Unknown

[13]

"OH MY GOD, Nolan! Stop being such a dick!" Lily squeals while running away from Nolan.

"I'm good thanks, Sis," Nolan says, grabbing Lily by the waist and playfully wrestling her. I smile at them and shake my head in clear amusement.

Three days.

It's been three days since I woke up in this hospital and neither Lily nor Adam have left my side.

I haven't spoken one word at all. It's for the best.

No one can know.

The door to the room opens up, revealing Adam who has food and juices piled up in his hands. He looks over at me and chucks me a juice.

"Guys stop acting like fucking immature two-year-olds and shut up," Adam shouts.

"Ooh Nolan, Adam's using his big boy words!" Declares Lily, laughing. Nolan nods his head in agreement.

"I can hear you from outside the room!" Adam exasperates.

"Cannot," Lily throws back.

"Oh, here we go..." Nolan says sitting down, opening the bag of food. I get comfortable as well and open my juice.

"Can too!"

"Cannot you ass, stop lying!" Lily screams loudly.

"Shut up, Lily!" Adam hisses between his teeth.

"Fine then..." Lily stomps her foot and whips her hair in Adams' face.

"Stop being melodramatic Lily, I just told you to be quiet. Oh gosh..." Adams says, his hand running down his face.

"Yeah, but you don't have to sound so arrogant about it," Lily throws back again.

"Lily, I just said that you were acting like an immature two-year-old and that I could hear you from outside."

Lily scoffs and shakes her head. "Cut the bullshit, Adam."

"Wh - " Lily cuts Adam off.

"Just shut up, okay?"

"Lily, I'm not going to listen to y - "

Lily presses her finger against Adams' lips. "Shh, you've said enough."

I giggle quietly. Nolan's head snaps over to me, his eyes wide.

"Guys..." Nolan says slowly.

I shake my head at him and press my finger to my lips.

"What?!" They both whip their head towards Nolan. Nolan warily looks over at me before shaking his head and putting his hands up in surrender.

"Nothing - just wanted to see something."

"Ass."

"Dick."

They both say simultaneously before turning back to each other. Adam's glare is set only on Lily. It looks angry, murderous even.

Lily stands her ground, though it looks as if she's been in this position many times before. They both look deadly. Something is going to go wrong, my gut is telling me.

"You're a bastard, Adam," Lily spits. Adam smirks at her and just shrugs his shoulders.

"So I've been told."