Chapter Eight

Carmani was nine months pregnant. Time was flying by but her and Maverick were together, doing it together. Of course she still had contact with Eric because he wanted to know what was up, she wasn't having sex with him though. She wasn't even physically seeing him, they texted and got on facetime when Maverick wasn't around.

Cari knew that if the baby turned out to be Mason's she was going to stick to the lie that it was some boy named "Matthew" and he doesn't come around. But if the baby turned out to be Eric's then she didn't know which way to go about it. These last pass months Maverick was there. He was at every doctors appointment since he found out, he brought MAJORITY of the clothes, diapers, wipes, lotion, beds, and everything along with it.

Maverick was out with his boys for the night and Cari was in his bed relaxing. Eric facetimed her and this was the perfect time to answer since Mav wasn't home.

"Wassup", Cari said calmly with no emtions.

"Hey CarCar, how you and my princess doin'?" Eric said smiling in the camera.

"I'm ok, Majesty is fine also", Cari told Eric.

"Majesty? When did you come up with this name? What happened to Emani?" Eric asked getting upset.

He knew about Maverick and Cari, he stayed calm because they talked on that situation but Eric was getting the sense that Cari was trying to kick him out of the baby's life.

"Yeah, I thought that was pretty cute and royal", Cari admitted.

"I'm not feeling that Car, I like Emani", Eric told her shaking his head.

"It's my baby Eric!" Cari was getting upset.

"It's our baby Cari!" Eric yelled back.

Cari ended the facetime call because she didn't feel like dealing with Eric. Besides the phones calls Eric hasn't helped out. Not that she needed his help but he didn't offer it either. Cari felt like he didn't deserve to have her baby named after him. Not that she was naming it after Maverick but her mother liked the name Majesty so she wanted to keep the name alive.

Cari texted Maverick to see where he was. It was 11:45pm., she didn't like being at home alone.

"On my way", Maverick shot Cari a text back,

Cari got comfortable and closed her eyes. She knew just with a few seconds of peace and quiet that she would be fast asleep.

Maverick made his way in the house about 30 minutes after Cari fell asleep. She didn't hear or feel him come in either. Maverick turned the lights out and climbed into the bed. He wrapped his arms around Cari and layed body to body with her. Her warm and soft skin warmed him up. She kind of felt him come in when he hugged up on her but she didn't budge, she kept still and sleep. She looked peaceful. Maverick felt bad that he left her in the house every night while he cheated on her.

The next morning Cari woke up before Maverick because she wet the bed. It wasn't pee though, her water had broke.

"Mav!" Cari said waking Maverick up.

She was having terrible contractions and she began to yell a little getting upset.

"What?" Maverick said waking up tired.

It was 5:04am.

"The baby Mav!!" Cari yelled hitting Maverick.

He helped her get her hospital bag and he rushed her to the hospital.

They got settled and the doctors told Cari that she was 4cm dialated.

She hadn't called Eric yet because she didn't know what to expect. She didn't tell Mason and didn't have any intentions in telling him because more than likely he wouldn't care.

The contractions were getting unbarable so she decided to get the epidural. The nurse called for Maverick to get out of the room so that no one could distract this process. When he returned, Cari was calm and asleep.

After a while the contractions were stronger and she could feel them through the epidural. Within time, Cari was 10cm and it was time to push. Maverick grabbed her left foot and Carmani's favorite aunt, Victoria, had the right foot. The doctors showed Cari how to push first and then she was to try on her own. It was like she was a natural, within five pushes baby girl had entered the world Febuary 2, 2017 at 9:48pm. weighing 6lbs 4oz. They cleaned the baby off slightly and put her on Carmani's chest for the little skin to skin contact. Cari looked up to see the look on Maverick's face but he was crying.

"What's wrong?" Cari asked confused.

"Can't believe I'm offically a dad."

Cari wasn't confused now, Maverick stepped up and took on a responsibility he didn't have to, he was there every step of the way like he said he'd be.

"I love you", Cari said smiling.

"I love you more", Maverick bent down and kissed her forehead.

The doctors cleaned the newborn baby and wrapped her in a blanket.

"What's her name?" One of the nurses asked.

"Majesty Marie", Maverick called out.

"Or Emani Vanessa", a familiar voice called out.

They looked at the door and in walked Eric. He had a huge smile on his face holding a hug bear, flowers, and a few balloons. Maverick was confused and Cari was scared as hell. If Eric said anything about this baby being his, Cari was going to have a lot of explaing to do. Or none at all because Maverick would just leave.

"What he doin' here?" Maverick said pointing at Eric but looking at Cari.