Chapter Five

"Dick so good, still got you sleep huh?" Maverick said waking Cari up with breakfast.

"I guess so", Cari laughed and sat up.

She ate some of the scrabbled eggs and the ran to the bathroom. She felt herself about to throw up. She closed the door behind her and turned the water on so Maverick couldn't hear anything.

Maverick knocked on the door, "You good Cari?"

"Yeah, I'm fine", Cari said smiling as she opened the bathroom door.

"Good, cause I got moves to buss and you coming along", Maverick said holding Cari's face and then kissing her forehead.

*

**

***

"Hey Monica", Cari said standing on the porch at Monica's house.

"Carmani what are you doing here? Last time we talked, you was kicking me out of your house", Monica said rolling her eyes.

After all Monica and Cari has been through Monica would never put Cari out while she was telling her something she needed to hear, never!

"She kicked me out", Cari admitted.

"She knows?" Monica asked.

"Not that it's Eric's but that I am pregnant", Cari said crying.

"So where you been staying?" Monica asked showing no sympothy to the fact that Cari was crying.

Cari looked Monica in the eyes, "With Maverick."

"Bitch are you kidding me? Maverick? After all the hell he put you through? You was better off with Mason idiot", Monica snapped.

No one knew the history with Maverick and Cari expect for Monica, Maverick, and Cari. Back when Maverick and Cari used to mess around heavy, Cari was scared to lose her virginity at that age so Maverick would bring different girls into the house whole Cari was there.

"He disrespected you Car", Monica said shaking her head.

"He gave me a place to lay my head Monica, where else was I supposed to go?" Cari said.

"Anywhere else Cari, as long as you got me, you'll never need somewhere you lay your head. So did you fuck him?" Monica asked.

"Yeah", Cari blurted.

"Carmani, aren't you pregnant? How many more nigga's are you going to sleep with?" Monica snapped.

Out of the eight years Monica knew Cari, Cari never pulled this many stunts in such a little time.

"I'm lost", Cari said looking at Monica in her face basically begging for her help.

"Sorry, you have too much going on and I can't help you", Monica said closing the door in Cari's face.

Tears filled Cari's eyes but she walked. Walked right to the park to meet Maverick to pick her up. On her way she saw a group of girls that she went to high school with.

"Carmani! Hey boo, where you been?" Fantasia said recognizing Cari.

"Hey Tasia, I'm cool, how you been?" Cari said hugging Fantasia and realizing the other girls were mugging her.

"You fuck with Maverick?" One of the girls blurted.

"Yeah, that's my boy. Why?" Cari said getting snappy.

"Calm down girl, she was just asking!" The other girl snapped back.

Cari realized that the one that snapped back was Yasmine, a girl that Mason introduced her to a while back.

"You Mason's friend aren't you?" Yasmine said starring at Cari.

"Yeah, you the girl from that smoke out", Cari said smiling.

"Yeah, Mason said you was pregnant, congrats", Yasmine laughed.

"I'm not, when did he tell you this?" Cari asked with a worried look on her face. She couldn't have the streets know she was pregnant and them know that she's Maverick's girl carrying Mason's baby, when really I might be Eric's.

"Like a week ago, he said that you and another girl was", Yasmine informed her.

The one girl laughed and then looked at Fantasia, "your brother is a hoe", she told Fantasia.

"Your brother?" Cari questioned. Mason didn't have sibilings, at least not one that Cari knew about.

"Yeah Mason's dad is my dad but we just found that out", Fantasia admitted.

Cari's phone rang, it was Maverick. "Hello"

"Yeah, where are you? I'm at the park", Mason said answering the phone.

"Ooh I got caught up with some people from school, give me three minutes", Cari told Maverick.

She ended her conversation with the girls and walked to the park. When she got there, Maverick was standing outside with a group of boys they were all shooting dice in three different groups.

"You about to play?" Cari asked looking at the intense game.

"Hell naw, you ready to jet?" Maverick asked Cari.

"Yessir", Cari said smiling at the answer and walking over to Maverick's car.

Her phone started buzzing, she looked down and it was Eric, "The fuck?" Cari said declining the call. He called again and she declined it again. He called a third time but Cari didn't decline it because it had to be important.

"What?" Cari said with a full blown attitude at this point.

"Your mom just got into a car accident, she's at the hospital, are you going to come see here?" Eric said quickly in one breath.

Cari mind went blank, her mouth dropped and she was mute. She didn't really understand what Eric meant by that but she remembered how her mother did her by kicking her out, "she don't need me there, she got you! Don't call my phone again regarding to that woman!" Cari said before hanging up the phone.

Eric was shocked but Cari felt bad, regardless of the situation, Vanessa was her mother and she had did a decent job raising Cari even though she did not want her.

"Why you snapping?" Maverick asked.

"Nothing, people just playing on my phone", Cari lied.

She knew that if she had told Maverick what had happened he would have forced her to go to the hospital and go see her mother and that was the last thing she wanted to do.

Hours and passed and Cari and Maverick was in the house. Cari was on the the couch watching 'Family Guy' while Maverick was in his room smoking a blunt.

There was a hard bang on the door and for real it startled Cari. Maverick came rushing down the stairs with a gun in his hand.

"Go in the kictchen", she he said directing his hand towards the kitchen.

Cari started to but she wanted to see what was going on too. When Maverick opened the door it was Monica.

"Where is Carmani?" Monica said with tears running down her face.

Cari walked to the door, "Why you knock so hard?"

"Right banging on my door like you the opps or police or some'" Maverick said.

"Cari", Monica said still crying.

"What you crying for girl?" Cari said hugging Monica.

"She gone", Monica said pulling away from the hug and looking in Cari's eyes.

"Who's gone?" Cari questioned very confused on what Monica was talking about.

"Yo' mama Car, she died", Monica said.

Those words played in Carmani's head over and over again.

She didn't want to see her but now, she'll never see her again.