#7

(Warning or disclaimer or whatever I've to call this: war flashbacks)

(Just a note: I've no idea how war works or how ptsd works, I did as much research as I could and I'm trying my best to represent this as accurately as possible )

James heard Steve muttering in his room next to James'. James knew he was the only one who could do anything about it. James sighed, he was dead tired and just wanted to rest; but he was the only one who could help Steve. Be strong for Steve, he was strong for you before, James' thought and crawled out of bed. He took on his glasses and slowly walked over to Steve's room. James gathered all  his strength, this wouldn't be an easy job. Oh boy, was it hard. James walked into the room and saw Steve writhing on the bed. "PULL OVER!" Steve shouted and James flinched. Steve's raised voice wasn't a good input on James' sensitive hearing. "Steve, wake up," James tried. Steve continued to sleep. James sighed and walked over, this was the hardest part. James slowly put a hand on Steve's arm, ready to be pulled into a memory. 

James was in a HMV now, sitting between two marines. "So, what you gonna do once we're back home, Wright?" Aaron Burns asked, James knew who he was because Steve talked about him before. Steve sighed, James had to lean forward to see him as he was in the passenger's seat. "Dunno, catch up with Jimmy I guess," Steve answered with a shrug. Aaron, who was driving, laughed, "Man, you need a partner. Next thing you know, li'l Jimmy is getting married before you." Steve rolled his eyes. "He's not going to, I don't think anyone will meet my standards," Steve answered and James shook his head. Senan would meet your standards, James thought. "Hey, why's Alpha passing us?" Aaron asked. "PULL OVER!" Steve shouted and pulled over the wheel from Aaron. The HMV swerved and tipped over, James scrambling to grab onto something and not crash into the door. 

A few seconds passed, James was in the thought that everything was settled; a loud ear-piercing sound boomed through the terrain. James clutched his ears in pain, he was getting overloaded. He was hoping this memory would be over soon. "Burns, what happened?" The marine, on the left of James, asked. "IED, boys. They hit an IED," Aaron explained. 

James was glad to be back in the bedroom. "James...?" Steve breathed out. "'m fine," James murmured, he was even more drained now. "Thanks, JimJams. Needed that," Steve replied. James nodded, and yawned. "Night," James murmured. "Sleep tight," Steve replied. "Don't choke during twilight," The two brothers said in sync. It was a ritual of sorts, that they didn't when became a thing. It was invented after they both saw Twilight, James commented that Edward could've strangled Bella in her sleep and it would still be romantic for twihards (Not meant to offend any twihard, I just don't like the movie/books), and next thing they knew they said it every night. 

(Sorry, it's so short. Didn't really have inspiration but I did have a schedule and according to my timezone I'm still on time so....)