2. Weird

A/N: Posting early because I'm going to a concert tomorrow :D

***************************************************************************************

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The incessant beeping of my alarm clock driving me insane as my eyes flutter open on Friday morning.

"Ugh" I moan in annoyance as I bury my head in my pillow. "I don't wanna life today" I complain as the door to our bedroom opens, revealing our daughter standing in the doorway.

"One day till my birthday" she exclaims, waking up Josh.

"We know baby girl" I smile lightly as I run my fingers through my hair, letting out a yawn.

"Can daddy help me get ready for school today?" she asks making me look down at my drowsy fiancé.

"He's still waking up. Why don't you let mommy help you while daddy makes breakfast" I ask causing her to shake her head.

"No. I want daddy to help me" she argues making me sigh as Josh puts his hand on my leg.

"I got it baby. Go take a shower" he smiles as he sits up, placing a soft kiss on my lips before ushering our daughter out of the room. I climb out of bed and gather up some clothes before heading into the bathroom to take a shower.

Afterwards I climb out and throw on a gray pencil skirt and a dark purple blouse. I apply some light makeup and throw my hair up in a bun before slipping into a pair of black pumps.

"Damn Ms. Hunter" Josh says as I walk into the living room where he's pouring our daughter a bowl of cereal.

"Too much?" I ask as he shakes his head.

"Nope just enough" he says as his eyes run over my body. "Question though, how do you feel about role play?" he asks making me roll my eyes playfully as Lucas bursts into the apartment.

"Morning" he says quickly as he pulls a screaming Lily in after him. "She's been like this all morning. Riley isn't feeling well so she's staying home today. Lily is less than thrilled."

"I can see that" I laugh as I pour myself a glass of orange juice. "Lily honey why don't you and Emma watch Doc McStuffins before you have to leave" I suggest as I take a sip of my juice.

"I have to go get my Lambie" Emma exclaims making me smile as I watch her run off to her room to get her stuffed animal. Lily climbs onto the couch while Josh makes his way over to turn on the girls' favorite show. Once Emma returns the two sit on the couch content, singing along to the check up song.

"Thank you" Lucas sighs as he takes a seat at the counter. "How the hell are Riley and I gonna raise two kids?" he asks sounding exhausted by the thought.

"You're Riley and Lucas. You can do anything" Josh says making Lucas look at him unamused. "Not in the mood for a pep talk. Got it."

"I'm sorry. I'm just overwhelmed" he apologizes. "And I gotta be at the clinic in an hour."

"Are you coming to Emma's party tomorrow?" I ask in a whisper so that Emma doesn't overhear.

"Of course" Lucas smiles lightly. "We'll be here" he assures us. "Alright well I should get going. I can take the girls to school or I can take Maya to work" he offers making a smirk pull at my lips while he laughs, guessing my answer by my facial expression. "The girls. Got it. Don't make yourself too late" Lucas teases as he stands up, collecting the girls and heading out of the loft.