20. Thanksgiving

A/N: I'm an awful author I know but I am on summer break now so once I finish binge reading Lord of Shadows tonight I'm all yours readers!!! I promise there will be more updates soon!!!

***************************************************************************************

"You know, I thought we were passed the days of me waking up in an empty bed" Josh yawns as he walks into the kitchen on Thanksgiving morning while I'm preparing the turkey.

"Sorry" I apologize as he walks over to the fridge. "If I didn't get up early to start this then we wouldn't have eaten until ten o'clock tonight" I explain as he grabs the creamer out of the fridge before going over to the coffee pot and pouring himself a cup.

"I figured, it was just weird" he says as he kisses my cheek. "I remember when Ems was a baby and you were always up before me. Even though I insisted you should wake me up sometimes" he adds as I shrug.

"Next time" I smile as I turn around in his arms and lean up to kiss him. The second his lips meet mine I hear little feet on the hardwood floor.

"Turkey day" Emma exclaims making me laugh as I step back from Josh.

"Yep it sure is" I smile as I walk over to Emma, scooping her up in my arms. "Want mommy to turn on the parade?"

"Yea" she exclaims as I put her down and she rushes over to the couch while I flip through the channels until I land on the parade. Once the channel is selected I head back over to the kitchen where Josh has taken over for me.

"Thanks" I smile as I bump my hip into his.

"No problem gorgeous" he replies as he kisses the top of my head. "Why don't you get started on the potatoes?"

"Okay" I give as I reach onto the bottom shelf of the pantry to retrieve the bag. I plop it onto the counter at the exact second the doorbell rings. "Who is here so early?" I ask as I head over to the door.

"Don't know" Josh replies with a shrug before I pull open the door and find Eric standing on the other side.

"Moesha" he exclaims making me laugh as I shake my head.

"Honestly Eric when will you learn my name?" I ask playfully as I step aside to let him in.

"Maybe when you finally let my brother make an honest woman out of you" he retorts making me roll my eyes.

"Uncle Squirrels" Emma exclaims as she hops off the couch and rushes into Eric's arms.

"Baby M &M" he smiles as he kisses my daughter's cheek.

"Why do you insist my daughter call you Squirrels?" I ask curiously as he looks at me confused.

"Why wouldn't I? I'm Plays With Squirrels" he says matter of factly as I chuckle and head back into the kitchen.

"I didn't know Eric was coming home this year" I whisper to Josh as I settle back beside him.

"Me either" he replies with a smile. Eric was a senator so he didn't come home a lot but everyone loved having him in town, especially Josh. Since Josh was the youngest he spent the least time with Eric so anytime he was able to be with his older brother he was thrilled.

"Hey when did they make a movie about you?" Eric shouts as he points to the Moana balloon floating across the television screen making me roll my eyes playfully.

"Maya. Her name is Maya" Josh shouts back playfully.

"I know" Eric shouts back, "but this is more fun" he adds as I start to peel the potatoes.