Chapter 3

DISCLAIMER: We do not own the concept of Warriors! It belongs to Erin Hunter, the author of Warriors, as well as Survivors and Seekers!!

Chapter 3

"Come on! Wake up! Today's our apprentice ceremony!" Scarletkit excitedly poked each of her littermates with her paw in the stomach. WAKE UP! She repeated through their conversation area, which they decided to call "the bond". Crimsonkit stirred, "What's today?" He asked groggily. 

"It's our apprentice ceremony!" She replied. 

"Oh." He nodded, and started to shake his sleeping littermates until they woke up. 

"Wassup?" Firekit asked groggily. 

"Apprentice ceremony," Rubykit and Scarletkit answered at the same time. As they rushed out of the half-rebuilt nursery, they saw Leafstar come out of her den. 

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey come beneath this rock!" She yowled, as the cats milling around gathered before High Rock. "Today, we will have four new apprentice. Firekit, from this moment on you will be Firepaw. Darkclaw, you will be his mentor." Firepaw had happiness written all over his face, as Darkclaw stepped forward and Firepaw licked his shoulder. Rubykit, from this moment on, you will Rubypaw. Amberleaf will mentor you" As Rubypaw licked Amberleaf's shoulder, she had a look of bliss on her face. "Crimsonkit, come forward. From this moment on, you will be known as Crimsonpaw. Splashtail, you will be his mentor." As Crimsonpaw solemnly touched noses with his new mentor, Leafstar continued on. "Scarletkit, from this moment on, you will be known as Scarletpaw. I will be your mentor." 

Good job! Rubypaw said through the bond. Usually only the deputy's kits get mentored by the leader! Rubypaw continued. 

I know! Thanks, Rubypaw! Scarletpaw replied, as she respectfully licked Leafstar's shoulder. The crowd erupted into yowls and cheers chanting with their new names, "Firepaw! Rubypaw! Crimsonpaw! Scarletpaw!" The kits' parents looked like they would burst with pride. They called their names out the loudest. Firepaw, Rubypaw, Crimsonpaw, and Scarletpaw all looked down at all the cats below them. Their eyes sparkled and shone with happiness. Suddenly, Leafstar spoke, "This meeting is not yet over. I have been informed by my deputy, Redflight, that these four apprentices snuck out the day Diamondclan attacked. Therefore, they shall be given punishment." The apprentices' eyes widened, and the whole clan gasped. Noo! Scarletpaw wailed in her mind to her littermates, We just became apprentices!

But this serves us right, Crimsonpaw replied, We did sneak out of camp when we weren't supposed to.

But still! Scarletpaw retorted.

"However," Leafstar said. Huh? "I have also been informed that these four apprentices also drove the Diamondclan warrior Russetclaw away from their mother all by themselves. I must acknowledge this brave action, and so, I have decided that with this action, all punishment will be taken away for helping to protect camp.This clan meeting is over!" All the cats that had gathered went back to being busy and milling about. Leafstar surprised the apprentices by saying, "Good job, you four," and purred. Was that a dream, Scarletpaw thought, Or did that really just happen?

That wasn't a dream, Scarletpaw, Her littermates' voices sounded in her head, That really happened. A few seconds passed, and all at once,they shouted in their heads, We're free of punishment!