Fifteen

WHAT?!!!

WHAT?!!!

"Ve really should have zhought of an excuse before Luddy came." Gilbert snickered when he got out of the shower that night.
The rest of the visit consisted of conversation about Ludwig mostly. Gilbert had asked him how his dogs were doing and he ended up talking for another hour about them.
After they left, Gilbert went to the bathroom to shower and Matthew changed into his pyjamas and sat on the bed to wait.
"I hope you realize I don't have an Instagram." Matthew pursed his lips.
"Neizher does Ludwig. Zhat's vhy I said it." Gilbert sat down beside Matthew, putting his arm over his shoulders.
"But what if he gets one to stalk me?"
"Vhat? Jou don't have to vorry about zhat. It's not like Ludwig's a government agent or anyzhing!" Gilbert laughed but both of them knew he was lying.
"If it makes jou feel safer, Ve can get jou a private account." Gilbert kissed Matthew's cheek playfully.
Matthew grinned.
"Okay. We can do that."
"Are jou ready for bed?"
"Not yet. I have to pee."
"Do it in mein mouzh.~"
"WHAT?"
"I regret saying zhat!" Gilbert's face was redder than a chilli pepper.
"I'm going to go pee now. In the bathroom. Where you're supposed to do that stuff." Matthew shuffled out of the room, watching Gilbert cover his face in shame.
He slipped into the bathroom and closed the door behind him.
He was going to start his business, but he heard a small tapping on the window. He looked up to see a tiny yellow fluff hitting it softly with its beak.
"Oh shit."
It was Gilbird.
He felt bad leaving the bird outside like this, but he didn't want it to blow his cover. Maybe he should let the bird in and then escape the house. Then Gilbert would think he just turned back.
But he didn't have the documents.
He could always break again. If Gilbert thought Matthew had turned back, then he wouldn't expect to have an intruder again.
This was his best chance to make everybody happy.
Everybody but himself...
"Just shut up, Matthew. You don't matter. What matters is your mission." He whispered to himself. "Stop being selfish."
The window didn't open large enough for Matthew to fit through, but Gilbird slipped in with ease. Matthew closed it behind the creature after it was inside and did his business in the bathroom before slipping out, leaving the bird inside. 
He thought of Gilbert getting worried about Matthew being gone so long and checking up on him only to find the bird instead. He would probably be sad that he wasn't human anymore, but not as sad as he would be if he found out his pet was lost all together.
Which would definitely happen if he stayed too long.
He moved through the halls as quietly as he could but stopped when Gilbert poked his head out of his bedroom.
"It's about time jou came back. I vas getting lonely."
Shit.
Matthew smiled sweetly and slipped into the room with the man he loved.
Maybe he could figure out some other plan. He could "go back to the bathroom" in the middle of the night and escape then. As long as he went before Gil everything would work out fine.
"Jou vant to sleep now?"
"Can we cuddle first?"
"Ja!"
Matthew grinned as he crawled into the bed. He should make the most of this night. It was going to be the last one where he felt truly alive.

Smut on Monday? I mean, Mattie has to leave and he hasn't got laid! You can piece two and two together.