Go For It

"Is it just me or is Henry kinda cute?" Alicia asked as we went back into our dorm

"Oooh does someone have crush on Henry?" I teased nudging her.

"Maybe" she giggled blushing.

"Oh my gosh! Alicia that's great!" I yelled excited.

"I know!"

We began jumping up and down and squealing like two little girls before abruptly stopping.

"We've never done that before" she said.

"I know. It felt wrong" I shuddered a little

"Never do it again?"

"Yup" I said getting on my bed. She sat on her bed and we faced each other.

"So when did you realise?" I asked Alicia.

"I'm not sure. After he winked at me in the coffee shop I just couldn't stop thinking about him" she said smiling

"Do you think he might be your REAL soulmate?" I asked her.

"I don't know. Maybe" her smile became wider.

That can happen sometimes. People with flop mates don't always end up alone. If you touch someone and feel the spark you felt the first time then that person is your real soulmate. It's still pretty rare. In the past 8 years I've met 10 people with flop mate and only 1 person actually found their real soulmate.

"That's great!" I exclaimed.

"I guess" she sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"I'm not sure that he's into me" she said sadly.

"What? That's crazy. Who wouldn't be into you?"

"I... I think he's into you" she confessed.

"Me? Alicia that's crazy!"

"Is it? He seemed real interested in you today"

"He was just trying to get to know me and all of us better" I defended.

"Yeah you're probably right" she said after a few seconds.

"So what are you gonna do?" I asked.

"I'm not sure yet. What do you think I should do?" She asked me.

"I think you should go for it!" I exclaimed

"Really?" She asked skeptically.

"Yes really! What's the worst that could happen?"

"Um... He could reject me!" She yelled.

"He would have to be an idiot to do that. He seems pretty smart to me"

"I guess I could..."

"You should! Come on Al, you have to take this chance! He could be the one that you marry and spend the rest of your life with! He could be-" I rambled.

"Ok ok I'll ask him out. Now please stop talking about this romance crap. It's weird coming from you" she told me.

"Yeah you're right. It felt weird to me too" I agreed and we started laughing.

"So when will we next see Henry and Jasper?" She asked me.

"Um.... they're meant to come over in a couple of hours for dinner" I told her as she squealed with excitement.

"That's perfect!" She exclaimed.

"Let me guess. You're gonna start getting ready NOW because that's how long it takes for you to get ready"

"Yup! I'm gonna have a shower!" She yelled running to the bathroom.

"Don't hog it!" I yell

"No promises!" She yells back as I roll my eyes.

Her words keep roaming around in my head.

"He could reject me!"

If Henry rejects her she'll be a wreck. All of her confidence will be gone. Not only that but she'll blame me for it. I wouldn't blame her though.... I am the one who just told her to ask him out... Even though I'm not actually sure how he feels. She'd be so mad at me. That'll make things awkward especially if I have to live with her for the next 3 or 4

Henry, please say yes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What did you think???
What should happen next???
Shohini😇💖