Chapter 12

Belated happy birthday Jovita! Sorry I'm late but this ones for you!

***********************************************************************************************

CHAPTER 12              

              "Nah! It's just too revealing."

"This one? Come on! This one's great!"

"No! This is just like the others."

Yup! You all must have guessed it by now. Emily and I were having a skype call while I hung all the dresses I had in front of the camera. I had rejected most of the dresses she pointed out for the party. They were all, uh I don't know, really revealing and I didn't want Aiden to get a wrong idea of my personality. I didn't want him to think I was one of those caked up, clingy high school barbies.

"Come on Riley! You have to have a dress chosen by now, it's getting late!" And she was right, I only had an hour left for Aiden to pick me up.

"Oh wait! I have a brilliant idea. How about you shut your eyes and point out to a dress and that's what you will be wearing tonight!" Ok now I'm not really sure what I would end up wearing.

"Ok um, ya let's do it." Please god help me out a bit. I prayed as I pointed to one on the hangers.

"Nah not this one it's too bright! Ew! Why do you even have it here?" Oh thank god she has the brains to reject a bright yellow dress.

Ok let's do this again. I went through the drill of choosing it all over it again.

"OMG!" I knew this was a bad idea.

"Gosh this one is bad too, right?" I said but gasped when I opened my eyes

"No Riley! It's perfect! Why hadn't I noticed this earlier?" Ouch my ears.

"I don't know, is it too short?" I know I'm thinking too much but it's good to be sure right?

"Are you kidding me? Stop overthinking stuff and go try this on NOW!" o-k it's a really bad idea to argue with Emily right now. It would be best to shut up and try the dress on.

I turned around to see myself in the mirror and damn! Was this me?

It was a shimmery black strapless dress that clung to my body like second skin. It stopped mid- thigh and defined my curves perfectly.

"Riley!!!!" Emily's voice called out from my laptop. I should really turn my laptop volume down.

"Ril—Omg!" she squealed as soon I stepped out the washroom

"So... how's it?" I asked with a sly grin and started twirling around

"So hot! And it wouldn't be just me saying it I bet Aiden would say it too!" she said as I felt the blush creeping up my face.

I then continued to do my make-up and hair while Emily gave me instructions. I didn't want to put too much make-up on and so decided on a natural look with curled hair.

"And done! How is it?" I asked her slipping onto my black high heels.

"What have I done to have such a hot girl as my best friend!" she sighed dramatically

"Oh shush!"

Just then somebody knocked.

"Omg! Aiden is here, I'll talk to you later." I said as I ended the call and grabbed my clutch.