the latter | adult karma x adult reader

Let's start this with a rather unfortunate reminder to you. Well to tell you the truth, you're not that affected by this although people are expecting you to do something about it.

You currently don't have a relationship or dating, someone.

At first, you didn't mind it and just brushed the thought and continue doing your life as a grown adult. Your career is doing great, and you're starting to invest in the stock market which is doing great considering the sudden low of shares for the past month, (the complete opposite of the rapid increase this month).

You did date people here and there unwillingly. Fortunately,  none of them is a match.

In this adult life, you get that majority of people are settling in and trying to date as soon as possible. But, you belong in the minority that focuses more on their job or a hopeless romantic waiting for someone to knock on your doorstep & an unfamiliar spark connects you to them and at that point, fate will work on your lives.

You considered yourself to fall in the former category. But as we all know, you are just denying that you belong to the latter too.

You scrolled through your phone as you went your way up to your front porch after you did all your morning routine. It's a lovely Saturday and you decided to lounge around and watch Netflix along the way. You noticed that your mailbox is at its original position and hurriedly went to get your mail,

especially the delayed wedding invitation of two of your close friends, Nagisa and Kayano.

The two decided to approach the old-fashioned way and made a physical wedding invitation. Although the mailing system is currently in the process of getting better, in contrast, the invitation got delayed and the wedding took place before the invitation is in our mailbox.

Now, they are currently in a tropical country for their honeymoon.

The noticeable rust in the old mailbox made it hard to open it but you swiftly open the "grandma's back-box" (you thought that it was funny to name it that way), because of the training when you're in high school which you are grateful for.

Now thinking back on that time of your life, you missed all of them and the misfits.

Holding all of your mails, you went straight to your living room and locked your front door. Skimming through all of them, you saw bills after bills that left your face turn sour,

and then you found the wedding invitation also a party invitation card?

Setting aside the bills, you scanned the two invitations. Curiously, you opened first the latter invitation. A pop sound was heard after you opened the said card,

"Rio has personally invited you to The Big Reunion this Sunday, February 21 @ 5:30 in the afternoon

Kuroni Teiko
349 wide street
Mankato, Mirena.

We hope to see you there in your most comfortable outfit."

A reunion? most comfortable? what is this? a middle school pajama party?

You snorted at the idea and dialed your favorite girl Rinka, with only 5 seconds of dialing she picked up her phone

"'ssup?"

"The reunion. Rio. Are u going?"

"Oh that... Yeah one second I'm at my front door, just finished walking Ryu's dog" You heard a loud jangle of keys and a click of the door at the other end of the line.