Chapter 12[Edited]

Kate moaned as she woke up in the morning, she felt so happy that she didn't even recognize herself.

She was simply happy, she had finally opened up to Nick and now she could finally breathe.

It was like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders and she felt free for the first time in a such a long time.

What happened after, was only an added bonus to their perfect night.

Thank goodness hours still remained before they returned home. She loved the fact that she had more time to spend with her boyfriend alone, with no interruptions. She wanted to take everything in, before reality came knocking yet again.

Once she decided to get up, she dressed in Nick's shirt before leaving the room. She didn't like waking without him beside her this morning and wondered where he'd gone so early in the morning.

She made it to the living room and was quite surprised by how tidy it was.

' Did Nick do everything alone? He could have woken me up so I could join him.'

She decided to wait for Nick so they could eat together. Her stomach began to grumble when she noticed the living room table full of food. Everything had been set so nicely and she had no doubt that this was Nick's way of wanting to surprise her. She still couldn't get over how romantic Nick could be and how lucky she was to witness and experience this side of him.

Taking a seat close to the food didn't seem to help her at all when she wanted to wait up for him so that they could eat together. She reached over for a piece of toast and before she knew it, her plan flew at the back of the head where she now helped herself.

Her cheeks warmed up in embarrassment when Nick finally returned at the moment her mouth was full of food. An amused expression appeared on his face as he looked her over.

'She's so cute,' he thought.

"Sorry," she mumbled.

'I should have waited just a little longer,' she thought.

He shook his head," no, no, I love that you helped yourself." He walked over to her and softly kissed her forehead.

"Join me," she said, touching his wrist and gently pulling him down next to her.

He took a bite out of the toast in her hand before looking at her.

"Morning." He said as he pecked her lips.

" Morning," she responded.

She took a piece of fruit from one of the bowls and fed him, not liking that she was eating alone.

"Thank you for a wonderful night," she said.

"I believe you made my night special." Kate's face warmed up even more when Nick rested his cheek against his palm, and stared at her with so much adoration.

" Nick," his name fell from her lips like a whisper and she looked away shyly.

His heart skipped a beat as he watched her.

It was crazy how inlove he was with her. He never thought that his heart would react the way it did, but Kate managed to make his heart flutter like no other.

She had won his heart over, simple as that.

" I am here with the most beautiful girl, it's perfect in my eyes," those words drew her eyes back to him and the moment they locked eyes, he took her hands. " Being loved and trusted by you is one of the most beautiful things for me. Thank you for everything." He continued to say.