Chapter 17[Edited]

A free period was what Kate needed and thankfully, her prayers had been answered, when Mrs Clark had an emergency.

While most of her classmates decided to roam around the school, risking the chance to be caught, she decided to chill in class.

With a good book in hand, nothing seemed better, she thought, but her mind changed when her favourite scent filled her nose. One of her favourite people had joined her, and she now had company. Her heart picked up when she felt kisses planted down on her neck, totally distracting her from what she was reading. 

" I need to know who she'll end up with," she said, her voice coming out in a whisper.

Her intention was to scold him but she failed, the tone of her voice showed something different.

" Soldier, definetly him," he mumbled against her skin, before continuing.

" And how do you know that?" 

He leaned back with a grin. " I just know, besides, she only ever thinks about him. " 

" Cheater," she accused in a teasing manner.

" Hey, I couldn't wait that long to find out who she would end up with. Anyway, my only interest right now is on my beautiful lady." 

" Trying to soften me up?" She raised a brow. 

" I missed you," he suddenly said. 

" You're not being fair right now." She whined, knowing that her heart was swooning with the way he was looking at her. 

' Those eyes are filled with so much love. Do I even deserve this much?' She thought, staring at him.

" I couldn't stop thinking about you the whole day." He continued to say, further affecting her heart with his words.

She sighed. " You're too much." She mumbled, leaning close until she rested her forehead against his.

" I like this."

" What?" She asked curiously.

" The amount of times we are receiving to be together." 

" One of us must have done something right in their past life." She said, half joking.

" You, definitely you." He quickly responded.

" And why not you?" She challenged.

" Easy, your heart is too precious." He answered, sounding so confident about this, that her cheeks warmed up.

" And yours is full of love, so ----"

" For you maybe." He shrugged.

She shook her head, feeling amusement in this subject for some reason.

"And what if I was a devious person?" She asked.

" Doubt it and you can't change my mind." He stubbornly said.

When she only stared at him, he took the opportunity to steal yet another kiss.

" We are in class." She reminded him.

" So?" Now he was the one to challenge her.

" You're quite cheeky today." She commented.

He playfully rolled his eyes, leaning back in his seat in a more relaxed posture.

She continued to read the page she had left, while Nick massaged one of her hands. 

His touch felt nice and right after she finished the page, she closed the book and turned to him.