Chapter 15[Edited]

" Can't wait for the party," Stacey said, breaking the silence that had taken over at the table.

" Yeah and knowing that it will be held in one of the creepiest mansions around, that's sick." Danny added, sounding too amazed. " I wonder how they got it." 

He pulled the pizza box towards himself before opening it and grabing a piece.

"Obviously they paid a lot of money for it." Nick responded, not tearing his eyes away from his phone. He'd been waiting for Kate to arrive. 

 " Well, they outdid themselves this time. I mean the history of that house and its people is creepy but hauntingly sad. It's quite interesting how it evolved into one of the town's Halloween legendary stories." Stacey said in excitement.

"Halloween legendary story, who?" Said a new voice, one belonging to Anna, who approached the table with Kate.

Stacey rolled her eyes and had a sip of her soda while Anna and Kate got settled. Anna couldn't help but steal a glance around the table, feeling a little surprised that today was one of the few times that both Stacey and Clara chose to sit with them. Their time was mostly spent with a few members of the cheer team. 

Anna and Kate both took the remaining empty seats, with Anna settling next to Clara while Kate sat next to Nick, who pulled her close, leaving his arm to rest behind her.

Clara filled Anna in on what Stacey was just talking about, not wanting her to be left behind.

" Legend has it that the youngest son of the family of 5 murdered everyone. He first totured each one before they met their maker." Stacey continued as if she had not been interrupted.

" He was a lunatic!" Clara said, shaking her head.

"Yeah, one that used to lock himself up in his room, he never smiled and he never spoke," Stacey continued to say.

"Isn't that a little far fetched?" Anna asked,  frowning a little.

In her mind, the girls were getting a little too carried away with this whole story.

" No!" Both girls said.

" Witnesses said the same thing, he was like a brick wall. He seemed to enjoy anything violent related, especially towards his siblings. Someone would return hurt anytime they played in the forest and Halloween time was surely his favourite, especiallysince it's the Night Hawkers night."

"Who?" Everyone asked.

"The guy, the boy." Stacey sighed dramatically, " Has anyone been listening to anything I've said?"

Everyone smiled in amusement, watching her get annoyed by the lack of attention they were giving her story.

" Babe?" Nick called Kate softly, earning her attention. " I'll go get us something real quick, would you like anything specific?" 

Kate shook her head. " Whatever you get is fine." She said with a small smile, making Nick smile too.

"Okay." He said, kissing her forehead before leaving the table.

Everyone else left the table for a short while, leaving Danny and Kate to be the only ones left.

" I never got a chance to congratulate you on your anniversary," Danny said to Kate.

"Oh, its no biggie," Kate waved it off. " Anyway, how is it going with your college hunt?"

"A bit challenging but I can only hope that everything turns out good."He shrugged.

"You'll find something soon." She said with a small smile.

His own appeared on his face.

" Honestly I'm a little dissapointed in myself for starting late."