Teenage Dreams (A Luke Bryan Story)

Sam's POV:

I was at a park when a little boy ran past me and fell down. I hurried over and picked him up. "You alright little man?"

He had tears in his eyes but nodded anyways.

"I'm Samantha, but prefer to be called Sam. What's yer name?" I asked the toddler.

"Bo," the boy said.

"Nice to meet ya Bo! Have ya been to this park before?"

"No ma'am," Bo said politely.

"Well ya gotta see the pond! Wanna look?"

"Yes ma'am."

I jogged over and put him down so he could walk onto the dock with me. I took off my shoes and told him to do the same as I picked up my fishing pole.

"Why do we have to take our shoes off Sam?" Bo asked.

"So ya can put yer feet in the water. Sit down next to me and try it!" I suggested.

Bo obediently sat down and we put our feet in the water.

"Oooo! That's nice!" Bo breathed.

I nodded and casted my line. I watched the bobber closely as we soaked in the sun.

Bo broke the silence. "This ain't like the pond that we have at home."

I cocked an eyebrow at him. "How so?"

" 'cause the one at home is a catfish pond and don't got no dock. We ain't allowed to go fishin' in it. Daddy takes me fishin' at lakes or on the river a lot when he's home."

"Yer Daddy's away a lot?"

"Yeah, workin'."

"Oh." I changed the subject. "So do ya catch any fish?"

Bo shook his head. "No ma'am. I ain't caught one fish."

I bumped his shoulder with mine. "Don't worry bud. You'll catch one soon."

I was thinking about what Bo told me when he exclaimed, "Look! Ya got one!"

I looked up and saw my bobber under the water. I gave the rod a firm yank to set the hook and was about to start reeling, when I got a better idea and handed the rod to Bo. "You can catch this one buddy."

Bo's face was as bright as a kid's face on Christmas morning as he took the rod and reeled the fish in. Then I grabbed the line, hauling the fish onto the dock. It was a big bass.

"Look Bo! Look at how big yer fish is!" I said as I took the hook out.

"Bo! Where are ya buddy?!" a man called as he walked down the trail, looking around.

Bo grabbed the fish by it's mouth and ran towards the man. "Daddy! Daddy! Look at the bass I caught! My first fishy!"

"That's great BoBo!" Bo's dad said.

"Sam helped me get it!"

"Who's Sam?" Bo's dad asked.

Bo pointed at me and I blushed, suddenly embarrassed. I pretended to be very interested in making sure that the hook was tied tight to the line so I wouldn't have to look up at them.

Footsteps on the dock told me that they were walking over to me. I knew it was rude not to greet someone so I stood up and waited for them to reach me.

They stopped right infront of me. "Yer Sam?"

I nodded. "Yes sir."

Bo's dad extended a hand out to me. "I'm Luke."