Date

Sam's POV:

I walked out to Gunner's truck holding his hand. Gunner, the gentleman then he is, opened my door for me and helped me up into the cab.

He climbed in on the other side and headed down the driveway.

"So where are we goin'?" I asked.

Gunner smiled. "It's a surprise."

I shrugged. "Okay. Mind if I turn on the radio?"

"Not at all. Go for it."

I turned it on and and started going through the stations. I stopped when I heard the chorus of 'Crash My Party' come through the speakers. I cranked it up and we sang to it at the top of our lungs. When it was over I continued scanning until 'That's My Kind of Night' came on.

We pulled into the parking lot of Cale's Restaurant just as the song ended. Gunner opened the door for me again and helped me out.

"Ya sure do like Luke Bryan, don't ya?" Gunner commented as we walked towards the restaurant.

I laughed. "Well I'd hope so since he's my daddy!"

Gunner almost fell down the steps to the front doors. "What?"

"Ya didn't know that?" I asked as I steadied him.

Gunner shook his head. "So yer last name is Bryan?"

I nodded.

"And yer uncles are Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, and Tim McGraw?!"

Another nod.

"Wow Sam! That's so cool!"

I just shrugged. "It ain't any different then a regular family."

Gunner held the door to the restaurant open for me and the hostess showed us to our table. A waitress brought over our menus and Gunner pulled my seat back for me and pushed it in after I sat down. 'Wow', I thought. 'Gunner's mama sure did raise him right! He knows how to treat a girl respectfully.'

"What can I get y'all to drink?" The waitress asked.

"Mt. Dew please," we said at the same time.

She nodded and left.

"So Sam, what do ya like to do for fun?" Gunner asked as we looked over the menu.

"Well I love fishin', huntin', and fourwheelin'. I've never went snowmobilin' but always wanted to," I told him.

"Well me and my buddies go out on the trails in winter all the time. Maybe I can take ya sometime," he offered.

I smiled. "I'd like that. So what about you? What do ya like to do for fun?"

"I pretty much do the same stuff," Gunner said.

We talked and laughed and had a good time.

Luke's POV:

'What are they doing?' I wondered. 'Where are they going? Is he keeping his hands to himself? Why are-?'

"LUKE!" Blake yelled.

I looked up. "Hu?"

"It's yer turn!"

I picked up a card from the deck and placed a random card down in the discard pile.

"Luke, man stop worryin'. I'm sure their date is goin' just fine," Jason, the most laidback person of us four, assured me. I'm sure he was worrying too but most likely not to the extent that the rest of us were.