Daddy

Sam's POV:

Luke, Bo, and I sat at the dining room table eating breakfast while Caroline was outback. Luke tried making conversation with me but I wasn't very talkative as I picked at my eggs.

"Alright darlin', what's wrong?" Luke asked out of the blue.

I almost choked on my eggs. "Hu?"

"Something's up with ya. What is it?"

I shrugged. "Nothin'. I'm fine."

Luke cocked an eyebrow at me. "Now I know that ain't true. Come here honey."

I walked over and stood next to his chair, but looked down at my boots.

Luke put a finger under my chin and tilted my head up so I was looking him in the eyes. "Baby girl what's wrong?"

I sighed and mumbled, "Well I don't know how you feel about me right now after I called you 'daddy' in my bedroom earlier so I was tryin' to play it safe and keep a good distance from you in case yer mad, upset, or disappointed in me for doin' it.

I saw the hurt in Luke's eyes and wanted to kick myself.

Luke grabbed my hand and led me over to the couch in the living room. He pulled me down next to him and wrapped his arm around me. "Honey, I ain't mad at you or anythin' like that. I was pretty happy when I heard you call me that because I already love you as much as I love Bo, but didn't want to pressure you into anything. You can call me Luke or Daddy, whatever ya comfortable with Sammy Girl."

"Ya really mean that?" I whispered.

Luke nodded and kissed my head. "Of course sweetheart."

"I'll stick with Daddy 'cause that's what ya are to me. Yer my daddy on paper and in my heart," I told him.

Luke wrapped me in a tight hug. "I love you Sammy Girl."

I buried my head in his chest. "I love you too Daddy."

We stayed like that for a little while until Luke's phone phone and ruined the moment.

"Ain't ya gonna answer it?" I asked when he made no move to pick up his phone.

"No. Yer more important than a phone call right now," Luke told me.

"Daddy, it's fine. Go answer it. I'd better find Bo and make sure he hasn't broke anything yet," I joked, wiggling out of his arms.

*A few days later*

I was riding in Luke's truck with my uncles, Blake Shelton and Jason Aldean, on our way into town. We stopped at a boots store and looked around.

I looked outside and saw a really cute boy walk by the window. He glanced at me and stopped in his tracks. I blushed at waved. He flashed me a smile and gestured for me to come out there with him.

I hurried out of the store and walked up to him.

The boy stuck his out out to me. "Howdy ma'am. I'm Gunner."

"Hey Gunner. I'm Sam," I told him as I shook his hand.

Luke's POV:

I looked around the store for Sam and saw her outside talking to a boy. "Aw naw! That ain't happenin'!"

"What?" Blake asked, then saw Sam. "No way! That boy better keep his hands off my niece!"

"Hell ya Blake!" Jason agreed. "Let's go!"

We stormed out of the store and up to Sam and the other kid.

"Hey Daddy. This is Gunner," Sam introduced. "Gunner, this is my daddy and those are my uncles."