Chapter 2 Her Again

Y/n's POV

I sat at my post as I'm supposed to do and watched everyone. It's not too boring if you have the right mind set. So far, I only blew my whistle twice due to kids fighting and almost becoming physical. Wait. That's a baby husky swimming here. I kept my eyes on the husky and luckily, it had owners so it ran to them. Well, one of them. Knowing the husky was safe kept me at ease and allowed me to continue my job. Well, all that happened a few days ago. At the moment, I'm watching two ladies play beach volleyball while three other guys are watching them. But they all seemed like friends. I was focused on them since Nate is also with me on this shift. The blonde guy suddenly left as if he had somewhere to go. But soon, the group left after another girl came up to them. After about an hour, I heard yelling but it didn't sound like if someone was angry so it was none of my concern.

"Y/n. It's your turn for a break." Nate told me.

"Ah, yes. I'll be back in ten."

---Time Skip---

The next day, I was the only one on duty on this part of the beach. But, Guy set up a sandcastle building contest so....more entertainment. I want so see how creative everyone is on making these.

"Welcome everyone to the annual Love~Love Paradise sandcastle competition! Now before we get started, I have to go over the rules. Only teams of up to four people, no using outside materials, sabotage; immediate disqualification! Judging takes place tomorrow morning! Now, let's get building~!" He waved and left the stage. Soon, all the teams got to their stations. I turned my attention away from the composition so I can focus on my job. That was until I heard a familiar voice.

"Aphmau?" Part of me wanted to turn to find the source of the void but I convinced myself it was just a coincidence.

"I-Ivy!? What are you doing here?" Another voice asked. No no no no no. It can't be! I turned around and it happened to be what I feared most.

"I saw the sign earlier and thought it would be fun! I thought everyone would be too old to want to participate so I just entered myself. I don't mean to brag but, I'm pretty good at sand castles." She explained to the girl I guess is Aphmau. I clenched the armrest of my seat as I listened to her.

"Are you now? Well you're going to have to beat me! And I'll be keeping an eye on you." I stopped listening and faced the ocean. Tears welled up in my eyes. Can't she just leave me alone like she always did!? I don't want to see her! To help me block her voice out, I got out my phone and earbuds to listen to some music. Time went by and I had to change playlist because for some reason I chose my shortest one which is about fifty minutes. When I changed it, I chose the three hour one. But at last, the sunny weather turned into rainy weather. I quickly put my stuff away and got the megaphone out.

"Alright everyone! Leave the beach and head to your rooms immediately! No exceptions! We'd like to have you guys enjoy your time at Love~Love Paradise rather than waste your time at the houses because of being sick. Get home safely and have a good day!" I had my lifeguard cap on so I was able to hide my face from Ivy. I saw her leave with that Aphmau girl and everyone else quickly left. If it rains all day I don't have work the rest of the day. I sighed and gathered my things. I had to quickly head home since I've been out in the rain longer than everyone else. I carefully rushed home. On the way, I heard a conversation in one of the houses.

"....I really would have liked to see it finished." I stopped walking and looked at the door but I couldn't see anyone.

"It's okay. Don't beat yourself over it." A male voice said. I then heard a groan from the same voice.

"I know...."

"Well it's getting late. Ivy and I are heading back to our place." Another female said. Nope! Nope! Gotta go! I started running and I could hear footsteps behind me. But since the ground was slippery, I ended up slipping in front of the house next door.