Chapter 3 Wat?

Y/n's POV

"I can't believe I already got a day off." I told myself as I lounged on the roof. A couple moved in close by and they're a little loud. I can't complain as long as I get my sleep, which I have gotten. I had my earbuds in, just listening to music in the morning sun. Obviously, I put sunscreen on so I don't burn. I had some clothes on that I could easily remove so I'm only in a black bathing suit, only if I decided to go into the water. I've been out here for about thirty minutes and feel comfortable but, I don't want to stay at the house all day. I guess I can walk around the island and see what they have. I got up and stretched a bit before heading downstairs. On the way, I got my wallet, phone and house key. I then walked into the kitchen and got myself a can of sprite. I walked out the door with my drink and just started walking around. As I walked, someone bumped into me.

"Sorry!" She squeak. I looked at her and realized it was Aphmau.

"It's fine."

"I'm sorry, it's just, I'm a little lost. I'm trying to get to the shoppe and I don't remember where it is." She said.

"Well Aphmau, I work here so I know where some of the main areas are. I can take you to the shoppe if you'd like." I offered.

"Oh thank you so much!" She cheered. "Wait, how do you know my name?"

"I'm the main lifeguard who works on your side of the beach. Only started to remember your name once you started doing the sandcastle contest."

"Oh, you saw that?" She asked shyly.

"You had a nice castle at first. It looked even better when you and I-Ivy started working together."

"Really? Thanks! Well, let's get to the shoppe! I'm a little late with meeting my mom and a friend of mine there." I nodded and led her to the shoppe as I drank my sprite. Soon enough, we got there.

"There you are Aphmau!" I'm guessing her mother, exclaimed. "What took you so long!?"

"Yeah, you missed lunch." I believe Katelyn said. That means I missed lunch too. I took another sip of my sprite.

"Yeah, I....got a little caught up in something. Well, I got lost but I got help from this lifeguard here." Aphmau said as she motioned to me.

"You're a lifeguard?" Katelyn asked.

"Yes. Just wave at me when you see me at my post when ya want." I said.

"You're so pretty!" Aphmau's mom exclaimed. I was caught off guard for a moment. Yes, I expect it because of my choice in outfit but, not when having a conversation like this.

"Mom! Don't just say that randomly!" Aphmau said, embarrassed at her mother.

"What's your name sweetheart?" Her mom asked me.

"It's Y/n." I answered.

"I'm Sylvanna. Well, join us on our girls day! I'm sure there's no problem with that." She invited me.

"Well, if you want. This is my day off and I have nothing planed." I said. She then called all of our attentions.

"Okay girls! This is no time to be distracted. Most of us know why we're here, to find Aphmau a boyfriend!" Sylvanna exclaimed.

"But I thought-" I was then cut off by Aphmau.

"Mom. You really, don't need to do this." Oh, I see. Her mom doesn't know she already has a boyfriend.

"Operation: Get me some grandbabies already, is a go!" Sylvanna cheered, ignoring her daughter. Good grief. "Now let's spread out and find Mr. Right."