Chapter 9 Love Hurts

Y/n's POV

I just sat on the side of the bed with my hands on my sides and my head looking down. For some reason my mind decided to wander and think about him. How there were times he spent the night and would wake me up the next morning by tickling my nose with a feather or jumping onto me and lay on my stomach. Sighing, I shake my head lightly and stood up. He's going to be lingering in my mind for a bit. This hasn't been the first time this had occurred. I change into my uniform and head downstairs with my bag. I woke earlier than usual so that gave me the opportunity to have some time to myself. I still have an excessive amount of sweets from Kawaii~Chan and, again, had some as my breakfast. He would laugh and shake his head whenever I ate something that is not meant to be breakfast. I walk to the couch and pulled out my phone as I sat down so I could watch videos and such since all I've been doing is reading on it. I remember him trying to get me off my phone just to pay attention to him. Or he would join me in watching a video or help me write a story. I sigh and shake my head to get him out of my head for the moment. Time seemed to pass quickly since the alarm on my phone rang for me to wake up since I never turned it off. I stop the alarm and place the phone in my bag so I can get up and stretch a bit before heading to work. I took my time to get to my post to enjoy the morning air a bit on this small walk, not knowing I was being watched. I felt it but it quickly left due to my thoughts and emotions. Something he always knew about no matter what I did. No matter how good of an actor I could be, he would always see through my facade I put on. That's why he was the best. It took me a moment to realize my walking had slowed dramatically and nearly came to a halt. I sigh and shook my head as I sped up to get to my post on time.

???'s POV

Mmmm. Y/n seems troubled by something. I watch her as she sighs and shakes her head as she continues to walk to her post. I follow and her troubled look doses seem to go away. I'll see if others can help her! If not, I will myself!

3rd Person POV

Y/n sat at her post like normal and watched the ocean and the sand for any suspicious or dangerous activity. But, her mind always seemed to somehow wander about him. She always caught herself and she could only be glad the there were no incidents that she had to stop. Y/n had only saw Dante and Jenna come to the beach and they stayed there pretty much the majority of the day. She would have to go be a waitress soon enough, meaning she had to get off her post. The h/c hair girl gathered her belongings and left her post to do her second job, around the same time Jenna and Dante left the beach as well. As Y/n walked by, she heard all of the commotion that happened shortly after Jenna left. All of it. The lifeguard sighed as she walked to her second job. She's going to have on heck of a night tomorrow.

~--The Next Day--~

Y/n wasn't as conflicted as she was the day before. Only one certain person noticed the change in her behavior. To others, it wasn't abnormal. But her attention was caught in Dante and Travis at the moment.

"What!?" Travis had a look of surprise.

"Yeah...." Dante sounds troubled, guilty and terrible.

"You gotta be kidding me!" Travis was referring to what Dante had just told him, which would be his lady situation. Y/n could only say the same to herself. "Nicole is here!? D-does Katelyn know this?"

"Yeah, she does. But Katelyn is sick so....they haven't been able to hang out."

"Dante, buddy, you got yourself in a pickle here...." Y/n nods slightly at Travis' statement, tho, they don't know that she's listening to them.

"Tell me about it.... I just don't wanna hurt Jenna or Nicole." Then your going to hurt yourself in a way. The girl thought.

"Do they know about each other?" Travis asked his best friend, Dante. Dante let out a small breath as he answered.