THIRTEEN

"I'll see you at three, have fun at school." Carrie forced a smile to her face as she let her son out in the car riders line.

She watched him get out of the car and run to his favorite teacher who gave him a big hug. Carrie waved at her as she led him inside.

Her heart ached for him. He had no idea what was happening. He had no idea that his parents who had finally gotten back together, were apart again.

On the way home, Carrie drove past the road she always took to Mike's house. For a split second, she almost turned down it. She wanted nothing more than to run into his arms and let him hold her for the rest of the day.

Carrie sighed, throwing her purse down as she entered her house. Usually on Fridays, Mike would be waiting at home for her with breakfast. But today, there was no one. She was all alone today.

She couldn't seem to do anything but think about him. All she could think about was him sleeping with another woman. She couldn't get the image out of her head no matter how hard she tried.

I miss you.

Please answer me Carrie, I need you.

I love you so much.

I'm so sorry.

I miss you so much.

Give me another chance, I promise I won't mess up this time.

I'm sorry, let me fix this.

I love you Carrie.

Tears spilled from her eyes and down her cheeks as she sat on the floor of her bedroom. She wasn't even sure how she'd ended up there, but somehow she'd ended up on the floor leaning against her bed reading the many text messages she'd received from Mike for the hundredth time.

"Carrie?"

"Carrie where are you?"

The blonde was pulled out of her trance by her best friend's voice. Ivey reached Carrie's doorway just in time to see her look up at her. She was curled up on the floor of her bedroom, knees pulled to her chest, clutching her cell phone. Her eyes were red and puffy with black makeup running down from them. She looked pitiful, it broke Ivey's heart.

"Oh honey." She exhaled, rushing to her best friend.

"I miss him so much." Carrie sobbed, falling into Ivey's chest.

"Shh, Shhh. It's okay. Let it out." Ivey held her tight, rubbing her back and letting her cry. "Just let it out, it's okay."

"I miss him so much. I don't know what to do without him." Carrie repeated over and over as she let herself cry as hard as she could.

Ivey wanted to kill him for breaking her heart. This was the second time he'd left Carrie sobbing in her arms, wondering what she ever did wrong. She hated it for her best friend, she didn't deserve any of it and there was nothing Ivey could do to take the pain away.

"I know, I know." Ivey threaded her fingers through her hair, hoping to calm her down. She continued to whisper calming words while Carrie cried, her sobs eventually lessening.

Carrie stayed in Ivey's arms long after she'd stopped sobbing, letting out occasional sniffles as Ivey continued to rub her back. She felt better with her best friend by her side quietly comforting her.

Ivey knew better than to try and talk. She knew that Carrie would talk when she was ready, but right now, all she needed was comfort. They'd already talked for hours yesterday after he left, now it was her job to support her and help her get through this rough time.

"It's not fair." Carrie sniffled, sitting up from Ivey's lap after at least thirty minutes. She wiped her face off with her hands. "I thought he was different this time."

"I know, I did too." Ivey frowned, pushing a piece of hair out of Carrie's face. "I wish I could change it. You don't deserve any of this."

"I miss him." Carrie muttered, looking at the floor.

"I know." Ivey clutched Carrie's hand and squeezed it tight.

"I don't know what to do." She took a deep breath. "I don't know how to tell Isaiah. He's going to be heartbroken. This isn't fair for him."

"He'll be okay. You both will be okay. You'll figure all of this out. We're here for you, you're not ever going to be alone."

"Thank you." Carrie sniffled.

Ivey pulled her in for another hug. They stayed on the floor of her bedroom for quite some time, sitting in silence together.

Carrie eventually fell asleep in Ivey's lap. She'd tossed and turned all night after crying herself to sleep.

Ivey lightly stroked her hair as she slept, staying in the same position and letting her sleep.

"It's going to be okay Care, I'm here for you."