Being Grounded and Awkward Situations

Alex's POV

Sam stood true to his word. I was grounded.

It had been two weeks since he had grounded me, and still, he hadn't lifted my punishment. I was growing restless. My days were completely boring.

I was just about to slip into bed when I heard someone whisper, "Alex!"

At first, I thought I was going looney. I mean, I had been confined to my room for a while...

But then I heard it again: "Alex!" It was coming from my window.

I walked over to window and pulled it open, leaning over the side. My eyes widened at who I saw.

"Jacob?" I whispered. He grinned up at me. I tried not to drool at how hot he looked. In jeans, a shirt, sneakers, and a leather jacket, he was absolutely gorgeous.

When I saw him leaning casually against his motorcycle, however, I was snapped out of my daze.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I hissed.

"I'm here to take you for a ride," He replied, gesturing to his motorcycle. "What else?"

"Are you insane!?" I whispered. "I'm still grounded! And if Sam hears us, we'll both be screwed!"

"He's sleeping, I checked," He assured.

"Woah. Have you been planning this?" I inquired, raising an eyebrow.

"Maybe," He answered, shrugging. "Come on."

"I'm sorry," I said, "But I can't. I'm grounded."

"And since when do you care?" He inquired. "A few nights ago, you were so rebellious. Why can't you disobey the rules for one more night?" He paused. "Unless... You're afraid?"

I scoffed. "Not even close." I looked behind me, then back to Jacob. "You, Jacob Black, are the worst influence in the entire world."

He grinned. "So I take it you are coming, then?"

I bit my lip for a few seconds before nodding. "Give me a few seconds." I grabbed my red leather jacket and slid it on.

I walked back over to my window and sat on the sill. Jacob watched me carefully, wondering if I'd need help. I turned my body around, hanging onto the ledge with my fingers. Once my legs were stretched out enough, I let myself drop.

My feet hit the ground, but other than stumbling for a few seconds, I was okay. I dusted myself off.

"Something tells me this isn't your first time sneaking out," Jacob said.