Chapter Five: The Change

In a matter of a few short moments, patches of tan skin begin tearing through the once flawless fur coat. Lengthy feet and well defined arms replace the rough paws. There is no longer an elongated snout but a chiseled jaw line that comes to a rounded point showing off his rustic five o'clock shadow. It is then that I begin noticing the similarities. This thing, this animal is Kaiden. His rosy pink lips lift in a quirky half smile showing off his enlightening aura. My eyes trail along his face to a slightly crooked freckled nose, that looking close enough, I can make out the faded white scar slashed across the bridge. Trailing even further, my breath catches at the sight of Kaiden's navy blue orbs. He hunches his auburn eyebrows as his fierce gaze studies me, causing the tense skin around his guarded orbs to crinkle into lines of stress and annoyance. His thick auburn locks wave in the slight autumn breeze as the sun beats down on it, causing golden hues to appear, catching my wandering eyes' attention. 

After a few agonizingly long moments, his wicked eyes snap back to my bright hazel ones. "Where do you think you're going little one?"

Everything goes black.

* Picture is of Kaiden