Chapter Eight: The Challenge

Waking up, I can't help but reflect on my current situation. Here I am tied to a chair in the middle of what looks to be an old, abandoned warehouse. I think I liked when Kaiden kidnapped me better. At least with him I woke up in a nice comfy bed. I can't believe this but I actually miss Kaiden, and my mom. MY MOM. What even happened to her? I swear if she's hurt because of all this craziness, I will lose it.

A loud bang cuts off my train of thought. Heavy footsteps echo throughout the hollow room along with something being dragged. The man from earlier comes into view, but he is not alone. Beside him, crumpled on the floor, lies my mother, beaten and bruised. My blood begins to boil at the sight of her slumped over.

"What did you do to her!" I say twisting to free myself from the ropes constricting me.

"She wouldn't give us the information we so kindly requested so we had to move to more, shall I say, drastic measures. Don't worry. She will be fine, as long as you behave." Nolan replies his smile never faltering.

"Let her go. She has no part in any of this," I plead, desperate for her safety to be insured.

"All in due time, all in due time."

A loud thud followed by multiple shouts begin outside the door where he first came in.

"Ah, it sounds as if the guest of honor has finally arrived." The man looks toward the door expectantly.

Within a minute, the door is knocked down and standing in the space is none other than Kaiden. A smile erupts on my face at the sight of him. He came. Growls burst through his half shifted mouth as he begins to stalk toward my kidnapper. Leaping, he finishes the shift before running at full speed to me. Once he reaches me, he begins to sniff my body, before taking a protective stance in front of me.

"I, Nolan Rouge, challenge you, Kaiden King, for your pack and your lovely mate," Nolan announces before shifting into a musky brown wolf.

*Picture is of Nolan's Wolf