Prologue

L Y R I C

"Jake, wake up."

Jacob rolled over away from me. I held my stomach feeling tear rolling down my eyes. "Jacob, it's happening."

He rolled over towards me, slowly opening his eyes. "What's happen... ohhhh shit....."

He quickly got up out of bed, rushing to the corner picking up a duffel bag. He helped me out of the bed before going to get the kids out of their rooms. He carried them down the steps as I slowly wobbled down the steps leaving a wet trail after me.

We got into his car and he buckled the kids in before we drove off. I gripped my stomach, taking deep breaths. Nothing felt worse than the drive to the hospital. All three times, I've had a horrible car ride.

********

"When can I get her out of me?!" My nurse turned around, looking at her chart. "You're contractions are still too far apart."

"Can I have the epidural?"

She shook her head. "Not yet, they have to be a little closer because if we give it to you and it wears off, we're not allowed to give you another shot."

I rolled my eyes. "Ugh."

Jacob chuckled. "Every time you're in this bed, you want the baby out of you."

"Do not... talk to me." He chuckled. "What did I do?"

I looked down at my oversized belly. "You did this to me."

He shook his head. "But you like when it's happening."

He held Aden against his chest before laughing. "Don't answer me then, it's okay."

"Aden..." I smiled. "Hey Aunt Clara." She walked over to the side of the hospital bed kissing my cheek.

"Where's Riley and Jess?" She shook her head. "They're running a little late. I called them, but it took them forever to call me back. Jess just got up."

"Wow." Aunt Clara smiled. "Hey my little Kaden." She said picking up Kaden.

"How old are you now?" Kaden rubbed his eyes before holding up five fingers. "You're five?"

He nodded. "Yea Aunt Clara how old are you?" She chuckled. "I rather not say."

Jacob and I chuckled. "So it looks like your contractions are about to get closer. Would you like the epidural now?"

I took a deep breath. "Now would be fine." The nurse left before coming back with a long needle.

"Mommy, what's that?" Aden asked as Jacob put her down on the side of the bed. "It's a shot so mommy won't hurt right now."

She looked at the needle, puzzled, intrigued. "Wow..." I tensed up as the put the shot into the side of my body. "Okay and done." I felt the numbness fulfill my lower body within 30 minutes causing me to feel much better while going through these contractions. Who ever knew such a small creature was this powerful.

"You are fully dilated. We're going to have to deliver the baby right now."

I took a long sigh before putting my feet up in the position that they were when I was having Aden and Kaden.

"At this time, we'll need for everyone except for the father and another chosen person to exit the room."

My Aunt Clara and Jacob stayed in the room as a finally arrived Jessie took Riley, Aden, and Kaden outside. Jacob and Aunt Clara grabbed the smocks and surgical masks from the nurses, putting them on.

Jacob bent down by my ear. "Last one for a while."

I chuckled. "Last one for a long while." He held my hand and I began to squeeze it as I pushed my new baby out.

********

J A C O B

"And here is your new baby girl."

The nurse gently put the baby down in Lyric's arms, wrapped in a blanket. "Wow, it's like I'm reliving being a first time parent all over again."

I nodded. "It feels pretty crazy. It feels like we're starting from square one."

She kissed baby girl's cheeks, smiling. "Hi little princess."

I grabbed her out of Lyric's arms as the kids walked in the room along with Jess and Riley. Elius walked in too, without Kim for some odd reason, but that's not the point of right now.

"Oh my God daddy! She's pretty!" Lyric chuckled. "Aden, baby, you gotta be quiet."

She covered her mouth. "Oop... sorry mommy." I smiled. "Aden, you name her."

"Why me?"

"Kaden named you so you can name your little sister."

She smiled. "I like Aden."

I shook my head. "No silly, you both can't have the same name."

She smiled. "Well, I like Dylan."

"Oh really?" Lyric said in a smile.

Aden nodded, blowing her cheeks up with air. "Mmmhmm."

I smiled. "Well, Dylan it is."

"Dylan Love Wright..."

We both smiled as we admired our newest baby, Dylan.

----------------------

Vote/Comment

The sequel is about to be highkey bomb!