Chapter 17

L Y R I C

"Hi Auntie Mel!" 

Melody smiled. "Hey, you guys ready to go?"

They nodded as Aden clinged onto Melody's shirt. "Yep."

She smiled. "Alright, let's go."

I chuckled. "Melody why aren't you at work?"

She shrugged. "Girl, I got so fed up. The coworker whose brother was with the drug people or whatever started asking my if I had seen her brother. Like, I know he dead but why do I have something to do with it if you wasn't plottin on me?"

I nodded feeling my eyes closing. "I get you."

She took a deep breath. "Yeah, so I quit and I'm currently looking for a new job now."

I chuckled. "Alright Mel, y'all have fun and keep my kids safe please."

She nodded. "I got it."

"Lyric!" 

I shook my head. "Duty calls, bye yall."

"Bye mommy." I closed the door on Melody and the kids before stumbling upstairs. "Yes?"

 Jacob held Dylan up in the air with a scrunched face. "What?"

He took a deep breath. "Somebody stinks."

I rolled my eyes. "So you're making me change her?"

He slowly nodded. "Yes?" He questioned.

"After our makeup and talking about how you gotta help more?"

He gave me a blank stare. "I can't walk."

I chuckled. "Nigga stop playing. You can walk get your ass up."

"Lyric."

I raised my eyebrow. "Yes?"

"I was shot."

My eyes widened. "Oh, I seriously forgot. Sorry."

He kept the same look on his face, sighing. "Come here."

I stood in the doorway, stuck. "Why?"

"Come here Lyric."

I slowly walked over to him trying not to fall forward or backwards or to my left or right. 

"Faster."

I sighed. "I can't, alright?"

I finally reached his side of the bed. "Bend down." I bent down near his head. "Blow." I blew my breath into his face before he shook his head. "You're drunk."

My eyes widened. "How do you know?"

"One, you obviously forgot why I've been laying down for the past week or two, your breath smells like heavy alcohol. Why are you drunk at 10 AM?"

I scrunched my eyebrow. "And why are you worried about me? Worry about your injured leg."

"Lyric, it's 10 AM. Fuck you mean why am I worried? I'm concerned. Why are you drunk?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I woke up craving alcohol and I got a sip and it was so good so I downed.... a whole bottle." I said mumbling the last part.

"You downed what now?"

I poked my lip out. "The whole bottle."

He shook his head, placing his hand on his face. "What the hell babe?"

"What?"

He shook his head. "Nothing. Can you get me the diapers please?" I slowly walked over to the supply of diapers and wipes we kept in the room. "Here."

He nodded. "Alright, now lay down and go to sleep. Drink some water, too."

I slugged over to my side of the room feeling my body get drowsy. I laid down on my side taking a sip of water, letting it spill down my chin. "Another sip."

I took the last sip of my water. "Goodnight."

He finished changing Dylan's diaper, throwing the dirty one in the trash. She laid down in the middle of Jake and I as I dozed off to sleep.

********

J A C O B

"Jake."

I looked over at Lyric from the TV. "Wassup?"

"I have a headache."

I chuckled. "That's what you get for downing a whole bottle of alcohol at ten in the morning." 

She sighed. "Please tell me to never do that again."

I smirked. "Never do that again babe."

She chuckled. "I mean when I wake up craving alcohol, fool."

I leaned over, kissing her cheek. "Oh."

She put her hand up, staring at her ring. "You think it's time for a new one?" I questioned as she shook her head. "I'm fine with this one."

"I have so much more money now. I want to get two new ones. Plus, don't you think it's about time to renew our vows. To remind me especially that I'm married to one of the best people in the world?"

She smiled. "Well, I would say to do it today but you can't walk."

"I'll roll down the aisle."

She chuckled. "You still have the smart ass mouth."

I rolled my eyes. "And you still got that character in you."

"What character?"

"You just always do things differently than everybody else. You live on the wild side. The first time we met, you were swerving the fuck outta cops in a Rolls Royce babe. You know how crazy that was to see a chick fuckin up the corners in a foreign? Only you would do that type of shit."

She tried to hide the redness of her cheeks. "You notice that stuff?"

"I tell you I notice things about you that you never notice. You was real wild getting them divorce papers, too."

We both laughed as she sat up. "Come on, try to walk."

She walked over to my side of the bed, helping me get up. "How's your arm?"

"Much better than my leg."

She nodded. "Yeah, it'll get better."

I stood up, wobbling a little. "Balance. Balance." I took deep breaths as I caught my balance. 

"You're so adorable."

She chuckled, kissing my cheek. "You ready to walk?" 

I nodded. "Yeah, let's go."

She held my hand as we slowly walked to the door. "You're doing it."

I scrunched my face. "My leg hurts, I gotta sit." 

"Can you make it to the couch?"

I nodded, hopping over to the couch. I crashed down, bringing Lyric down with me. She chuckled. "What the hell?"

"I was losing balance."

"You're not slick Mr. Wright?"

I smirked. "Then why are you Mrs. Wright?"

She chuckled, kissing my lips. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

This was the first time that Lyric and I said I love you since we went through our period of separation. When I say it feels good to get my wife back, it feels HELLA good to get my love back.

----------------------

Back to the 'ole days. Vote/Comment

No multimedia