Chapter 1

L Y R I C

ELIUS: "What you up to?"

ME: "I'm on my way to go pick up Kaden and Aden from school."

ELIUS: "Oh, okay. How've they been? I ain't seen them in so long."

ME: "They're good. Just bad as fuck... I'm so tired out by them."

ELIUS: He laughed before taking a deep breath. "Man, I miss y'all."

ME: "Somebody was dumb enough to move to Miami, Florida like an idiot."

ELIUS: "Whatever sis. I had to move for work since I wasn't provided with work anymore."

ELIUS: "Do not even sub me while you're on the phone with me."

ELIUS: "It's not a sub if I'm talking to you."

ME: "Whatever. Well, I'm pulling up at the kid's school. Then I'm off to go dress shopping."

ELIUS: "Tell my ex I said wassup."

ME: "How you even know that I'm going to Kim's shop, stupid?"

ELIUS: "That's the only place you go for dresses."

ME: "Really dressy dresses not a dress that I need to wear to a banquet in a couple days."

ELIUS: "Yea, yea, yea. Why you even going to a banquet?"

ME: "Cause it's like a business owner's banquet, so I'm a keynote speaker and I'm getting some kind of award."

ELIUS: "Mhm... you came a long way from... you know......"

ME: I was silent, not wanting to bring up my past. "Yea, I guess... I'm going to pick up the kids. I'll call you later."

ELIUS: "Talk to you later."

ME: "Bye brother."

ELIUS: "Bye sis."

I hung up the phone, putting Dylan into her stroller. I closed the back door of my white G-Wagon before walking into the kid's school.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Wright." I smiled, pushing my shades up to my forehead. "Good afternoon. How was your day?"

The elderly white lady at the front desk softly sighed. "It wasn't as good as the others, but I pushed through. How was your day?"

I smirked. "Very busy. I had to take her to the doctor then I had a lot of things to do for work and it's not even over yet."

She chuckled before writing something down in a big binder. "Well, here's your pass to go to the classroom or would you like me to call them out here?"

"I'll go to their classroom. That's no big deal." She smiled. "Alrighty, and today Aden's class is in Room 150 because their classroom's lights were down."

I smiled putting the pass on Dylan's stroller. "Okay thank you."

I walked away from the front desk making my way to Aden's classroom first.

"Hello Mrs. Wright." I smiled. "Hey, where's Aden."

I looked around the classroom before spotting her on the carpet reading a book. "I'll go get her ready to go home."

I sat down in one of the chairs of the classroom. Dylan began babbling and I picked her up out of the stroller. I kissed her cheek, before she started chuckling.

"Hi mommy." Aden said with a big smile on her face. "Hi baby, you ready to go?" She nodded before walking to the door. "Yep."

I smiled. "Alright, you wanna push the stroller?" She nodded and began to push the stroller towards Kaden's classroom.