Chapter 11

C H Y N A

"She's not okay."

"Are you sure?"

"She's been down for about three days."

"Three?"

"Three."

Jacob shook his head. "What did I do man? Then she's gonna wake up and Imma have to tell her-"

"Tell me what? And... why am I... in here?" Lyric said shaking her arm.

"You overdosed."

"On what?"

"Pain pills babe." Jacob walked over to her giving her a hug and kissing her continuously.

"Why? Why are you so clingy?"

I took a deep breath. "Lyric... why were you taking pain meds in the first place?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. All I remember is an argument. I don't even remember about what... but it was an argument, I had a headache, I was overwhelmed and... I pulled out the pain pills."

"Lyr... you're still not telling me why pain pills?"

"It was the closest thing Chyna. I've never excessively taken them-I don't-I don't know why I took them. I must've just felt like they'd heal me..."

I nodded. "Well, I'll leave you two to talk. Your kids are at my house with the sitter."

L Y R I C

I watched Chyna walk out of the hospital room. I looked at my arm, frowning. "Why is this in me? Why am I in here? Did I really overdose?"

"That's what Chyna said and the doctors said they had to pump the chemicals out of your blood flow. So I guess."

"Jacob, what's gotten into you?"

He shrugged. "Babe, I don't know. I'm just doing shit that I'm not thinking about. But... I-I-I just want you to know I still love you.

"But like... how can you continue to do shit to me and fuckin know that you're hurting me. I don't know how to feel right about now. Do you seriously love me? Why are you still with me?"

His eyes became glassy. "Because, I love you. You think I don't, but I really do. I fired Anita... and I'm changing. I've been taking care of the kids."

I sighed. "Cause you don't have a choice. If I didn't OD, then I'd still be busting my ass with no help. I don't really know why you fired Anita, but I could care less. But you still never answered why you're still with me. Or, why am I still with you?"

"Cause... cause... -"

I felt tears forming in my eyes. "You don't even know now...You don't love me. It's obvious."

"Yes...I do. I promise and I didn't mean to get her pregnant baby... I-"

I furrowed my eyebrow. "Get who pregnant?"

He started to cry. "Jacob... get who pregnant."

"Anita."

I felt my heart stop. "How? How could you do this? And you love me? I told you, it's obvious that we are just grown apart or something."

He hugged me. "I'm sorry."

I pushed his arms off of me as I wiped my eyes. "Don't touch me right now." He didn't let go.

"Jacob. Please." He wiped his eyes and walked away sitting in the corner of my room.

"Out of the room."