Chapter 12

L Y R I C
"Hi baby." I shook my head as Chyna walked in behind Jacob.

"What's she doing here?"

"Taking me home."

He raised his eyebrow. "But, I came to take you home. You knew I was coming."

I walked past Jacob. "I'll see you later. We have some stuff to do."

Chyna walked out of the hospital with me. We got into the car, driving to downtown Atlanta.

********
"So, from my understanding you'd like to file for a divorce against Jacob Wright?"

I nodded. "Yes."

He nodded. "Okay, so are you sure you want to sign because as soon as Mr. Wright signs we'd have to begin negotiating your money, child support, custody, and all other factors."

I took a deep breath. "I'm sure but..."

"You have as much time as you need to think about it. We're running on you and your husband's time."

I nodded. "I'm sure."

"So you're signing?"

"Yep."

I picked up a pen, signing the line. "Can I have these to take to my husband please?"

My lawyer nodded. "Yes, we'll keep in touch."

I nodded. "Okay, thank you."

"No problem. I'll see you."

I nodded. "You sure will."

Chyna and I walked out of the lawyer's office. "Girl you sure?"

I nodded. "It took this long... but yes, I'm sure."

We got in her car before she drove me home.

********

J A C O B

"So what's the next plan?"

"We gotta tell Eli about it cause if they're going from the last thing sent online, it's gonna be Elius."

Ryan nodded. "How are you gonna get in touch with him?"

"I mean... he is like my brother in law."

He nodded. "That's right. So what you gonna do?"

"We gonna load up and when they try to hit Eli, we gonna fuck they asses up. I think I'm gonna show myself."

"What about Lyric?"

I shook my head. "She don't need to be there."

"She's gonna want to be there. I know it."

I nodded. "I know, but I don't want here in there."

"She's gonna go and especially cause y'all beefin she's going to want to do it."

I shrugged, before opening my mouth to speak. The front door opening caught my attention. "Jacob."

"Wassup baby?"

She looked at Ryan. "Oh... I'll talk to you later."

I nodded. "Alright, is anything wrong?"

She shook her head. "Nah... I'll talk to you later."

I looked at Ryan as she walked upstairs. "Alright, I'm gonna get going. You got a lot to handle."

Ryan walked out of the front door as I walked upstairs.

"Lyric..."

She looked over at me from her laptop. "Yep?"

"So, what did you wanna talk about?"

She took a deep breath. "Why did you sleep with Anita?"

"I was going there cause she wanted me to come over and... she offered me some wine and it must have been drugged because I didn't even realize we had sex till I woke up. She spiked my drink."

"How cliche? I really don't believe you."

I raised my eyebrow. "Why?"

"It's kind of hard to trust someone who continuously lies to me."

I shook my head. "Look, I'm telling you the truth. I swear!"

She shook her head. "I can't believe you. And I don't have time for this anymore. I just want some space. Especially since now I just got out of the hospital. I want you to go for some time."

"Some time?"

She nodded, closing her laptop and walking over to her purse. "Yea. Some time." She pulled a stack of papers out of her purse.

"I visited my lawyer today, too."

"What you mean?"

She handed me the papers. "What is this?"

She shook her head, leaning on the wall. "Just look at it." She said wiping her eyes.

I looked through the stack before landing on the page where a signature was. "A divorce?"

She nodded. "I'm tired of dealing with what the hell you're doing. Whenever I think we're good again, you always fuck up."

"When did you give up?"

"When I almost killed myself over your bullshit."

I felt my eyes beginning to water. "Lyric I'm sorry."

"How many times are you gonna say you're sorry?"

I dropped the papers. "I promise this time I'm sorry."

She stood up straight. "This time?! So all the other times you said you were sorry, you were lying?! You just knew you were gonna fuck up again huh?!"

I shook my head. "This ain't real."

"It's as real as it's gonna get. There's no time that the document has to be in but as of now, I'd suggest you sign it so we can start working on our agreements."

"Agreements like what?"

She picked up the papers. "Child support, custody, money..."

"Wow..."

"Wow..." She said mocking me. "Get out."

I grabbed one of my bags and started packing it as she walked out of our room. I know, by how stubborn she is, this will be the last time I'm seeing this room for a long while.

----------------------

Vote/Comment

This is a filler chapter. Next chapter it's all gonna start pulling together.

But, Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas that are reading