Chapter 10

J A C O B

ME: "You knew that a draft turned into the final. Why would you do that?"

ANITA: "Boy bye. You shouldn't have let me sign in the first place. Now I own part of your company."

ME: "One hell of a person you are. You just work for people and take their money."

ANITA: "Should've listened to your wife. I'm not the best one after all. I had a great night, too."

ME: "You are to never speak of that again."

ANITA: "You're just another stupid guy. You wanna deny everything we did just to save your marriage. Face it... I could tell it was over from the day I saw you two together."

ME: "My marriage isn't over. And you're not gonna end it either. That's why my wife and I are the ones who are going to go redo the contract this weekend. Have fun being broke bitch."

ANITA: "It's not quite called broke when your baby daddy is a billionaire boxer."

ME: "What the hell are you talking about?"

ANITA: "That wonderful night we had... it was unprotected."

ME: "Fuck!"

ANITA: "Have fun. Child support is due in nine months."

I hung up the phone, sighing. I drove out of the driveway of the house, knowing I should go inside and fix things... but I don't have the courage.

********
C H Y N A

"Hey, answer the door! I know you're home!"

King tugged on my sweat pants. "Mom, what's going on?"

I shrugged. "I don't know King." I ran to my car getting the emergency set of keys that Lyric gave me to her house. 

I unlocked the door. "Lyric! We're here!" 

"Hey Auntie Chy." I slightly jumped in my steps. "Hey, where's your mom Aden?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. She hasn't been out in a while."

I ran upstairs. "Lyric!" There was a small groan in her bathroom. "Guys! Go get in the car! Lyric! Lyric!" 

I busted into the bathroom to see her lying on the ground with blood streaming from her head and with a handful of pills right by her opened hand. "Fuck..." I hit her face. "Lyric... stay up. We'll get 9-1-1 here soon."

I pulled my phone out. 

DISPATCH: "9-1-1 what's your emergency?"

ME: "My sister... I came to pick up my nephew and I found her in the bathroom. She overdosed." 

DISPATCH: "We're sending an ambulance right away."

ME: "Thank you."

I hung up the phone. About 5 minutes later, there was an ambulance outside. I ran downstairs as two men came into the house with a gurney. "Where is she?" I paced up the stairs. "She's in here."

I wiped my eyes as they picked her up placing her on the gurney. I grabbed Dylan before running downstairs, getting into my car. "Put your seat belts on... come on come on." I pulled my phone out calling Jacob as I followed behind the ambulance. 

JACOB: "Wassup Chy?"

ME: "Lyric... it's Lyric."

JACOB: "What? What about her?"