Chapter 6

M E L O D Y

"Girl are you okay?" 

I nodded, folding the clothes in front of me. "Girl, you not even talking to me." 

I shook my head. "Leave me alone, alright? I got a lot on my mind."

"Alright... Well, I'm going to head out early since you don't wanna talk so good night girl."

I nodded. "Good night." 

I finished folding clothes before calling Jacob.

JACOB: "Hey sis."

ME: "Hey, what you doin?"

JACOB: "Nothing, driving these kids all around on our way to Dave and Busters now."

ME: "Oh wow... That's crazy to hear you with the kids."

JACOB: "I just gave Lyric a break. How are you? That's the real question."

ME: "I'm holding up. That was a whole week ago. I think I'm past it. I wasn't too deep in love with him. I think it hurt me most cause he was Amber's husband and I felt so bad."

JACOB: "Well, he didn't have the ring and you'd never met her husband... so you good."

ME: "True." I got the box of clothes going into the supply room. I heard something fall outside. Is hook it off, trying to put the box up but something else crashed. 

JACOB: "Sis, you there?"

ME: "I'm here. But I think there's somebody in the shop."

JACOB: "Ain't yall open?"

ME: "We just closed." I whispered. 

JACOB: "Don't go outside."

ME: "So I just stay in the supply closet?"

"Little Miss Melody where you at?"

ME: "They know my name."

JACOB: "I'm on my way. This seems sketchy."

ME: "No!" I whisper-yelled."

JACOB: "Why?"

ME: "I'll tell you later. I know why they're here. Send Rodney."

JACOB: "Okay... I gotchu. And you owe me an explanation when you're safe."

ME: "Okay."

JACOB: "Go handle it sis."

I felt a tug on my arm as someone pulled me into them. I felt a piece of metal touch my neck sending chills down my spine. 

"Help!" 

"Shut yo ass up!" 

I tried to fight back, but the man's grip got tighter. "Help me!" 

The metal rested on my skin much more. "Where's Melody at?"

"Why?" I asked before starting to cry. "What you mean why? Where she at?"

I shrugged. "I... I don't know."

"Fuck! Why are you lying? I know you're Melody Wright."

I took a deep breath trying to calm down. "For every time you tell me you're not Melody, that's one more cut you'll have."

"I don't have cuts."

He nodded. "Mhm... check your neck."

I slowly brought my hand up to my neck, feeling blood dripping down my skin. I didn't even feel him cut my neck, but obviously it happened.