Epilogue

*TWO YEARS LATER*

J A C O B

"Jacob... Jacob." 

I raised my eyebrow. "Wassup?"

"Your phone." 

I opened my phone, to see an unknown number.

ME: "Hello?"

??: "Hi, can I speak to Jacob Wright?"

ME: "This is he."

??: "This is Amanda, Anita's sister. I'm sorry to say but Anita has passed away."

ME: I sat up. "What? How?"

AMANDA: "Overdose." 

ME: "Oh my God. What am I supposed to do with Ayla? Why did she overdose?"

AMANDA: "Our family would still love to pitch in, but... we just need some space as we deal with Anita's death. After she dropped Ayla off with you guys she got a call from her doctor saying that she had a couple years. She decided that she wanted to die before her daughter had a chance to remember her. She didn't wanna hurt Ayla."

ME: "Wow... Wh-When's the funeral?"I asked with a tear rolling down my cheek. After Anita brought Ayla to Dylan's party a couple of years ago we got very close and began to co parent. Anita and Lyric had no more problems and she was raising Ayla as best as she could while still battling cancer on and off for years. I guess she got tired of it.

AMANDA: "There is none. We just want a family only burial. We'd like if you could bring Ayla."

ME: "I don't think I want her around that stuff. She's only two."

AMANDA: "It's her mother's funeral."

ME: "But I don't want her to be around the sad vibes. We can take her sooner or later to the grave. My daughter is not going around that."

AMANDA: "Okay, we understand."

ME: "Have a good night."

AMANDA: "You as well."

I hung the phone up, sitting back. "What happened?" 

"Anita overdosed tonight. And they want me to bring Ayla to her funeral, but I don't need her around that."

"Ayla doesn't need to be around that shit. She's too young. And, if she asks about her mom, we'll just simply tell her."

He nodded. "Yeah... We can't do nothing else but tell her. But the funeral is too much."

Lyric nodded. "I agree. But, it's your daughter. Do what you'd like." I laid down taking a deep breath. "This is a lot. I'll talk to you in the morning."

********

L Y R I C

"Bye daddy." The kids said in unison. "Bye." Jacob said. Knowing that we will definitely have Ayla in our house forever is extremely terrifying. But, I think that we'd be able to do it. 

"Mama, where's my mommy?"

I shrugged. "I don't know Ayla. You gotta ask your dad when he gets back."

She nodded. "Alright." 

They sat around the table as I started making dinner. "Kaden stop."

He chuckled walking away from Ayla's seat. "What are you doing Kaden?"

"I was playing."

I chuckled. "Alright baby."

"Mom, mom, mom." I sighed. "Yes Dylan?"

She smiled. "Can I have juice?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Tell Aden to get you one."

She smiled. "Okay."

Aden got Dylan a juice as I finished dinner.

---------------------

These past two years have been stressful as hell. Between the constant fights Jacob and I got in, the love lives of my friends, Ayla being the new addition to the family, nothing really went the way I planned it. But, I pulled through. 

If I didn't have my children or my husband on my side I would've attempted to overdose again, and seeing how it can hurt my kids like Anita will soon hurt Ayla when she finds out, I'd never want to do that to them. 

Not only was my family life extremely hard, my drug life creeping back up on me was terrifying. And every day as I keep going, it's terrifying. To know that there may be more people plotting on me or looking for me, it's scary. I try to protect my children from it, but sometimes protection doesn't work. 

To sum it up, my life is continuing and there's obviously going to be many more problems. And to have my husband on my side is the best feeling ever. Through all of our problems, the relationship was struggled. But if I didn't love it, I'd have to leave it. Now is the time to take initiative and LOVE IT LIKE NO OTHER!

----------------------

THE TRILOGY'S INTRODUCTION AND [MAYBE] THE PROLOGUE ARE UP TODAY!! THE TRILOGY IS CALLED: UNCONDITIONAL LOVE (THUG LOVE TRILOGY)! GO ADD IT TO YOUR LIBRARIES NOW! THE LAST BOOK WITH BE THE QUADRILOGY! GET READY.