Introduction

--------------------3rd person---------------------

Out in New Mexico S.H.E.I.L.D's project P.E.G.A.S.U.S facility is in the middle of an evacuation. It's a remote research facility in a state if panic.

Men in suits run around like in the typical 'we have to leave' fashion. Soldiers on foot jump onto Humvees, accelerating the hell out of there. A voice bellows from hidden speakers giving out instructions and telling everyone to remain calm. The hell with that.

Standing a few yards from the landing pad, A man in a suit with badass shades, peers at the helicopter as it lands. This is Agent Phil Coulson who watches Nick Fury and Agent Maria Hill get out if the Helicopter.

Hill and Fury approach Agent Coulson. "How bad is it?" fury asks.

"That's the problem, sir. We don't know."

Agent Coulson leads Hill and Fury through the radiation section of the facility. Hundreds of technicians and other staff run around, taking only the essentials. "Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago."

" NASA didn't authorize Selvig to test phase." Fury said strongly.

"He wasn't testing it, he wasn't even in the room." Agent Coulson answered.

"It just turned itself on?" Agent Hill asked and Coulson nodded.

"What are the energy levels now?" Fury questioned.

"Climbing. When Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered the evacuation." Agent coulson responded.

"How long to get everyone out?" Fury asked.

"Campus should be clear in the next half hour." Coulson replied.

"Do better." they still descended down the metal stairs to the radiation facility floor.

"Sir, evacuation may be futile." Hill commented.

"We should tell them to go back to sleep?" Fury said sarcastically.

"If we can't control the Tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance."

"I need you to make sure that phase 2 prototypes are shipped out." Fury ordered.

"Sir, is that really a priority right now?" agent hill asked.

"Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on. Clear out the tech below. Every piece of PHASE 2 on a truck and gone." Fury instructed.

"Yes, sir. With me." Agent hill commanded to the Guards standing next to her.

Nick Fury and Agent Coulson enter the lab facility where the Tesseract is being held. "Talk to me, doctor." Nick said.

DR. Erik Selvig emerges from behind the CMS machine, concerned. "The Tesseract is glowing unusually brighter and flare rings shoot out at random."

"Is there anything we know for certain?"

"Tesseract is misbehaving." Erik replied.

"Is that supposed to be funny?" Fury asked, seriously.

"No, it's not funny at all. The Tesseract is not only active, she's...misbehaving."

"How soon until you pull the plug?" Fury said.

"She's an energy source. If we turn off the power, she turns it back on. If she reaches peak level-"

"We've prepared for this, doctor. Harnessing energy from space."

"We don't have the harness. Our calculations are far from complete. Now she's throwing off interference, radiation. Nothing harmful, low levels of gamma radiation." Erik said calmly.