Chapter 8

-------------------3rd person----------------------
Tony looks at his monitors, shifting and solving as many algorithms and equations.

"The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process." Bruce In forms Tony while he continuously scans with a gamma ray detection scanner on the scepter for radiation.

'If we bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the Homer cluster, we can clock this around six hundred teraflops." Tony said.

"All I packed was a tooth brush."

"You know, you should come by STARK TOWERS sometime. Top ten floors, all R&D. You'd love it, it's candy land." Tony smiled at Banners joke.

"Thanks, but the last time I was in New York I kind of broke...Harlem."

"Well, I promise a stress free environment. No tension. No surprises."Suddenly, Tony pokes Banner with a miniature electrical Rod.

Steve and Kaya walks in on them, pissed at Tony.

--------------------Kaya's P.O.V------------------

"OW!" Bruce yelps.

Tony looks at Banner closely. "Nothing?"

"Hey! Are you nuts?" Steve yells.

"You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?" Tony asked.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve starts.

"Funny things are." Tony answers back.

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offense, doctor." Steve apologised.

"No, it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things." Bruce said.

"You're tiptoeing, big man. You need to strut." Tony said walking round the lab.

"And you need to focus on the problem."

"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us and why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables." Tony said typing stuff in his computer.

"You think Fury's hiding something?" I asked.

"He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets." Tony says and points to Bruce. "It's bugging him too, isn't it?"

" Uh...I just wanna finish my work here and..." He stuttered.

"Doctor?" Steve pushed him to answer.

"A warm light for all mankind, Loki's jab at Fury about the cube."  Bruce said.

"I heard it." Steve  stated.

"Well, I think that was meant for you. Even if Barton didn't post that all over the news." Bruce pointed to Tony.

"The Stark Tower? That big ugly ...building in New York?" Steve said as Tony gave him a look.

"It's powered by Stark Reactors, self- sustaining energy source. That building will run itself for what, a year?" Bruce asked.

"That's just the prototype. I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now." Tony said proudly.

"So, why didn't SHIELD bring him in on the Tesseract project? I mean, what are they doing in the energy business in the first place?" Bruce said pointing to Tony.

"I should probably look into that once my decryption programmer finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files." Tony said casually.

"Your what?" I asked taken back and I hope I'm just hearing things.