25: Cheated Death

A week later.

****

The school day was over, and Maddie and I decided to go watch a movie at the cinema. We hadn't been together in such a long time. After Grayson had come back, life as I knew it was living hell, especially for Grayson. Articles about him had been everywhere; 'The Boy who Cheated Death, 'Back from the Dead', 'Sister Finds her Brother After Accused Death'.

Nonetheless, it was hard for my brother walking around the streets and in school. I had told him it wasn't going to be easy when I first found him. He was looked and pointed at, but he was surviving. Everything was slowly returning to normal. Together with Joseph, the three of us moved into a new house. Naturally, not bigger than the house before. But that didn't matter, I was happier than I had ever been before. I had been freed of therapy sessions and medication, just the way it should have been a long time ago.

Madison and I entered the bus, and took seat at the back. I began scrolling through the 'News' section of my phone when a specific title grabbed my attention: Famous Lawyer sentenced to Prison'. I clicked the article.

Sophie Ferris, millionaire lawyer, has been sentenced...

I looked out of the window, a smile on my face, I could finally take flight - I was free, It was over.

Hello!!

You've just read the very last chapter of 'Since He Left'! Thank you so much for the support you've given me, and for sticking through this whole book. I really hope that you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. Credit to @Honest_WanabeeWriter for helping me with the last sentence. Please vote, comment and share! And tell me what you think about the book, the plot and so on. THANK YOU again!

See you soon!

Maria