Anti-Gravity

The cobblestone roads were loosely lit up around the blue lanterns that scattered the pine trails, causing my eyes to brighten in an enhancement of the darkness. Emerain and his saber were padding along behind Lókî and me, while I gripped my hands into the leather straps on his saddle, letting my legs guide him along the dark road. The echo of a Thistle boar's screech shot out after the loud snarl of a Feral Nightsaber - the vibrating and intimidating grumble from the cat's throat brought numb shivers to my ears. This inevitably caused Lókî and Nolass to respond in a low chuff.

"So, when did the infection start?" Emerain asked once he caught up with me.

I shrugged, scratching Lókî's side. "I was out exploring possibly last week, and I ventured into the cave in search of a distraction-"

"As always..." He interrupted, rambling on.

"Yes, Rain, as always. But that's beside the point. The bats grew in size," I explained. "Almost the size of an elk! Their eyes glow a strange green, so I slew one, their blood is a glowing jade."

"Jade, you say?" He had sarcasm in his voice.

"Yes, Jade! It's an unexplained type of green magic, I-I don't know what to do, Rain, this is serious. It could infect the forest for all we know!" I pulled my hair back frustratingly, squeezing my calves into Lókî's flanks and pushed him into a gallop.

...

Once deep through the forest, I looked over the dark map of Darnassus once more and halted my periwinkle finger at the three caves. Emrain looked to the map with me, but suddenly his large hand braced my shoulder to make me look up.

"Ah, Rain you'll make me lose my spot-" My eyes feasted upon a scene I never dreamed of. "Elune-Ana..."

Our eyes scanned over the blighted forest, all tainted with an element of Harlequin green. The cobblestone road's dirt lacquer was mossy and looked vile to stand upon, it's odious aroma was as ghastly as eviscerated decomposition. The trees were slowly being consumed by the magic, cracking the glowing emerald stone into black ravines like a burning sensation.

"Em..." I looked at him with my eyes puddling of tears. "What's going to happen to Teldrassil?"

Without a response, he slid of Nolass and assisted my trembling, slim body off of Lókî.

"There doesn't appear to be an Archmage around to tell us now is there?" He grunted, pulling out his blade. "Let's go slay a green bastard and find out ourselves!" He said with a devilish smirk, ruffling my hair with the pommel of his sword.

I sat Lókî and Nolass far from the decomposing forest and padded my small feet up to Emrain, pulling out my loaded bow to anticipate the feat.

He tapped the tip of a rock on the infected grass with a fearful gaze, his brows alert to action.

"Since when are you a scaredy-cat, huh? Did Tyrande go easy on you?" I mocked him, stabbing the blade in my right hand into a healthy tree.

"Getting smart with me, huh Melithar Nighthelm?" He mocked me back, with his remark I punched his shoulder and caught my breath.

"Whoever makes it to the entrance first wins first kill," I spoke through a tense breath as I stabbed my left blade higher than the other. I looked to my side suddenly, my jade hair flew to my waist. He staggered on his feet, as I watched his face wince as I started to climb the tree swiftly.

I was always a sly she-elf, everyone always told me I'd be a well-acquainted rouge, but my heart called to something else that I needn't worry about as of now. My left blade punctured a deep hole into the bark of the large tree, while I swung myself up from my feet and stabbed the other side of the tree with my right blade until I could reach the branches with my hands. Emrain staggered behind with a few spokes to go. I flipped and yanked the two blades from the bark, sliding them into the sheaths on my thighs and pulled my hair back to leap.

"Melithar wait!" I heard an exclaim from behind me, but my ears were numbed from the adrenaline and I leaped feet first into a pear-tinted tree.

"Melithar Nighthelm!" I heard the low husky exclaim once I landed swiftly, turning my head I brushed my hair back with my left hand, darting my eyes to Emrain.

"What Emrain?" I called out, catching my breath. But once I looked at the gaze upon his face like his heart was in his mouth, I blinked to squint my eyes as I focused on him.

"I said to-" I cut off his sentence as my eyes were horror-stricken at the scene I feasted my gaze upon.

Once the blood-curdling screams levitated through the forest, my eyes were veiled by a world without stars, and without a moon. . .