Lost Girls

The plains were clouded with a dense mist as the sun rose from the high hills.

The thunderous roars of the distant monsters were curdling past my senses. My vision was fogged. My ears were numb.

"Help." My voice croaked as I tried to call out, turning my neck towards the ones whom still fought for their lives, doused in blood. I felt the everlasting fire in my fingertips, lingering through my veins and into my lungs as I took a quaking breath, falling limp on a cold surface.

My cheek brushed against a rough covering, trimming my slim hand against raw skin. I must've dazed as soon as the event cleared. Picking my heavy head up, I let my eyes follow from my knees to the solemn face I peered upon.

The face that was once full of color and light. The face that was stolen from me, by the dark force I beg to. I lowered close to the neck of the cold body, wrapping my fingers around to the back of its neck, unfastening the leather twine to release the rope hung by the pendant of a Darnassian tree. I gazed upon it, placing it in my bitter fingers, and knotted it loose on my neck.

My eyes lowered to the glistening, as I perched and stood tall above the body. I picked it up in my hands, glaring at its silver bark that coiled into the viridescent amethyst leaves. I looked down the bloodless ally. The secluded glow from his pearl eyes brought a kaleidoscopic gaze to my eyes.

"I will avenge you, friend," I whispered, choking back the puddles in my eyes.

I took a step towards his face, kneeling slowly and peered over his kind face. Trimming my hand over the sculpt of his jawline, I brought my face low to his forehead, kissing it gently. There was a bittersweet consciousness surrounding my lips that nipped into my nose.

I backed away from the scene, letting myself take a deep breath and turn away from him. The swords that were sheathed were screaming at me. I listened to their call and tore the silver blades out from my back, turning towards the village and walked out from the safety of the fallen tree.

I went into stealth mode as I gracefully moved across the field- my body turned into a mist, blurred, almost invisible, from mortal eyes.

"You... are not prepared!

A powerful, ear-piercing cry rung out through the fields- it echoed and roared like a tree falling from its roots.

The demons approached me, two fire-consumed spirits threw their long, devilish fingers out into the air, lashing flaming orbs out in my direction.

However currently stealthed, they soared right through me. I could feel the itching, hot flames from the demon's weapons, and suddenly realized this would be harder than I thought.

Nearing the targets, I threw my swords out in the open, pulling my wrists crossed to my chest and leaped through the air, becoming a fully visible night elf, and pulled them out with such force. I raised my upper lip, revealing my barred teeth. My canines longer than a normal elf, I was able to let out a fearsome battle cry.

The blades sliced through the demon's heads, and they both toppled to the ground as I landed fluidly onto the blood-flecked grass.

"Imprisoned for ten thousand years... Banished from my own homeland... And now you dare enter my realm? You are not prepared..."

The reeking voice lashed out once more, sending a chill through my spine, as I drove my blades through several more creatures.

Suddenly, time seemed to slow and the demons started to multiply, falling out of the sky. They grew large, leathery wings, but had the body of a human, sleek like an elf. They ripped out their blades and landed on the ground in numbers.

I was surrounded.

Hundreds of night elves, she-and-he-elves, pointed their spears and long nails at my marble stance.

Only, they weren't mortal.

They're eyes burned a bright green behind a linen mask, bearing valiant horns upon their heads. They were all either deep purple, green, or brown- scattered in scars that were illuminated by every shade of emerald.

They were, infected. Like the green bats from the cave.

Suddenly it hit me.

We were under a scourge of the fel.

Before a deep thump ran through my head and consumed my eyes, I heard the nervous and painful wail come from Lôkî