Revelations

Previously 

"That's enough." I warned, drawing back another arrow on my bow and aiming straight at the two incompetent fools. Sciron immediately puts his arms up in surrender, and even Chrysaor stopped his rolling- both their eyes went wide with wariness. "Now," I said calmly, as Thalia and Castellan return to my side; their weapons still at the ready. "You two are going to explain just what the Hades' is going on here!" I demanded.

"Well, you see, Lady Artemis," I narrowed my eyes as Sciron gulped like a nervous fish.

"Sciron!" Chrysaor hissed. "Shut up, you imbecile!"

"Lord Poseidon- our father- he's faded!" Sciron blurted out and flinched away, as if he expected that I would blow him up with one of my electric arrows. So, they were both sons of Poseidon, it still didn't explain why one of them was going around, proclaiming himself to be the new sea god. I arched my eyebrow, expectantly waiting for Sciron to continue. But he didn't.

"The Trident's missing." Chrysaor huffed, reluctantly, still lying helplessly on the ground. "And I intend to find it."

"The Trident's not yours to have." I reasoned, remembering what Athena had said about Zeus' plans to crown Jason Grace as the new sea lord. I glanced sideways at Thalia, wondering how she would react to such a notion- would she be jealous that Zeus favours her brother over her? Then again, Thalia had been immortal only mere hours ago...

"And its not Zeus' to have either." Chrysaor hissed up at me, as if reading my mind. "It is my birth right, as a son of Poseidon, that I inherit the seas and all those who dwell in it. The Trident is my right!"

"What about Triton? Wasn't he next in line?" Castellan asked, his glare flickering between the two sea spawns, completely unconcerned about the dolphin crew that was slowly regaining consciousness.

"Triton! Huh! He's a coward. No one's seen or heard from him since Atlantis fell, and if he know's what's good for him, he won't return anyway." Chrysaor claimed in a sour tone as he finally managed to roll himself onto his stomach, and from there pushed himself to his feet with his forearms. He turned to face us, and I could see his eyes boil with an untameable rage. "Triton is a bastard traitor, if he does return, I will make the seas gold with his ichor!" He spat, my instincts only told me to draw my bowstring tighter.

"And what about you?" He jerked my chin in Sciron's direction, where he still stood with his arms up in surrender. "Don't you want the Trident for yourself? You could be a god." Maybe a divide and conquer tactic will work.

Sciron only smirked and his arms immediately dropped to his sides. "Don't even try it, Lady Artemis. I'm not interested in the Trident or the Seas... your bow, however..." He sneered again, and I was very, very close to letting the bowstring slip. He stepped closer and one of my fingers pulled away from the bowstring- there was only one finger left between Sciron and my deadly arrow, and normally I wouldn't hesitate to plant one of my arrows between his eyes, but right now, I still needed more information.  

"Don't." I warned and he seemed to get the message. 

"Fine." He complied and regarded me in a strange way. "'Golden Boy' and I have struck a deal; he gets the seas, and I get Ceto." 

"Ceto?" Castellan seemed surprised, and out of the corner of my eyes, I could see him raise an eyebrow in bafflement... but I wasn't. If a scoundrel like Sciron forced Ceto to marry him- and there was no doubt Chrysaor would force her into such a union once he officially became the Sea God- then there was no telling what hideous monsters they would sire. And if Erebus got his hands on them...