Chapter 6

Hidden within the thick foliage of the flora of the kingdom, the ashen servant patiently waits, but doubt that Silver will come by the well alone, or that he'd arrive in the first place. He had given the note. The only thing now is to see if the note had reached the ivory male.

Mephiles heard the sound of leaves crunching underneath weight and sure enough, he saw the argent male, all alone.

"Are you there? I came here as per your request, Mephiles" Silver spoke with confidence. Mephiles' eyes grew wide as he stepped out of the shadows.

"How... did you know it was me?" he asked. A smile greeted him back before the other hedgehog replied.

"I am psychic you see; I sometimes have glimpses of future events, long before they happen." he told the servant, watching his reaction "I have seen this scene play before, although I would admit things are quite different from what I saw"

Mephiles breathed in, taking in the information "You're psychic?"

"Yes, but honestly, I thought it would be Shadow instead, because I have never seen you before" He sighed, then gave a soft, sad smile at the servant "Shadow, he is your brother correct? He and I used to be great friends back when we were younger, as well as with Sonic. But then, something had caused him to be so distant. It was my fault entirely"

"W-what.. do you mean?" Mephiles asked, confused at Silver's words. The latter looked down, as if ashamed of himself.

"I knew about his feelings for Sonic. And I had feelings for Sonic as well.. I did everything I could to get them together. But when Sonic confessed to me... I.." a few lonely tears fell from the ivory male's golden orbs "I became overwhelmed with joy and let my emotions get the best of me, when I knew that Shadow had loved Sonic. He avoided us after."

"When we saw you today, I immediately assumed you were Shadow's brother despite not knowing of your existence, being so similar in appearance with each other. Sonic failed to realize it because it has been a while since we saw Shadow"

Silver approached the well, looking down onto his reflection in the water and sighed. He turned around and faced the servant

"I guess, you're here to kill me, yes? As it is his orders?"
"yes" Mephiles whispered as his hands began to shake

"How are you so calm??" the ashen male spoke louder than he intended. He was breathing heavily and a few tears were on the verge of escaping from his emerald eyes. Was he hesitating?

The snow-colored male approached the servant "I have always hated myself for taking away Shadow's happiness, and I am more than ready to pay for the sins I have done against my dear friend, your brother." Silver calmly spoke "Come on, Mephiles... As your master's faithful servant, you have orders to follow."

Mephiles stood there, his hand clutching tightly on the dagger, but he didn't dare move, his silence amplifying his hesitation. How can you murder someone you love?

"Just remember that none of this is your fault, Mephiles. It was my decision to come here, and it was my decision to face the consequences of my actions." Silver gave him a sympathetic smile "Although, my only regret is leaving Sonic behind, after promising that I'll return safely. Oh I do hate lying to him" looking down, he took a deep breath.

"Do it. I am ready" the ivory hedgehog commanded the servant, his amber eyes locked onto Mephiles' jade ones.

With a swift move he struck the ivory hedgehog's heart with the dagger and pulled him close, and ripped the dagger upward, leaving a large scar on Silver's chest. The argent's male breath became labored, but held Mephiles close.

"Please... let Son..nic kn..ow that I.. I love..him a-and I.. forgive...you.." he uttered in his last breath before his body went limp in the servant's arms. Tears began raining down from the pale-blue streaked hedgehog's face as he held onto Silver's dead, bloody body.

He has done it

He had granted his brother's wish, he should be happy right?

This is not the first time he's killed someone

but then why do his tears insist on falling?

'I'm sorry'