The Purgatory

Miguel's pov

I just realized today was Sunday, and today I was supposed to pick up Sarah to go to McDonald's. Well, I mean that's where she thinks we're going. I really need her help, everyone knows I barley go to school, the only reason why I went this week was to get Sarah to bet me.

It isn't actually a bet, and I just realized I lied multiple of times to her to use her for my own advantage.

I don't care.

It's not like anything bad will happen to her, Im going to be with her the whole entire time. The reason being because I know something she wont be able to handle will happen, and im prepared for that, I know I am.

As long as Sarah doesn't figure
out the truth about me, just yet. Exactly why Im trying to keep her out of my ex's way.
Brittany. That girl truly can't get over the fact that we are done, it's been 6 months, god damn that's half of a year.

"Aye Mace, you ready to roll?" I looked over at Bread.

A member of the gang I'm in named The Purgatory.

Of course Bread isn't actually his real name, just like Mace isn't mines. That's just the way things are, we don't know each other names,for the gang's safety, but we're still very close.

"Yeah, I just have to grab the pistol" he nodded. Everytime we go on runs we have to be ready, whether it's a money run, drug run or something else.

I walked towards the back of the wearhouse, walking down it's dark beat up halls brings up memories. I remember when I first became a member of the purgatory at age 14,a total of four rough bloody years.

I continued down the hall and made a right, approaching a brown door, I punched in the code it required.

"6789" I said remembering the code Brody gave me. I then turned the handel and opened the door to the hidden room.

I walked in and the first thing I saw was millions of guns.Pistols, shotguns, revolvers,rifles and so on. In the middle of the floor was a big bright light, and the guns displayed all around it on shelves like a museum.

Even though none of this was new to me everytime I walked in this room my eyes lit up in excitement like a little kid on Christmas morning. I grabbed what guns I needed for the run and walked out. When I walked outside most of the gang was in the truck, the others probably in the wearhouse doing other business.

"Ready kid?" The gang leader Uncle said. He's literally my uncle, but since im the only member who knows his name by us being blood he required everyone to call him Uncle.

"Yes Sir" I responded, I was always ready, I had no choice. My father was the original gang leader he died when I was five, I didn't know him. As Uncle told the story my father was shot down by a unknown betrayer of the gang.

Nobody knew who this member was but Uncle,as he put it,a name of disgrace shouldn't be spoken of. I agreed, but for the betrayer's sake I hope Uncle goes to his grave with the secret because if I find out the person who betrayed and killed my father it's over.

After my father's death uncle took over the gang by it being a 'family legacy' and he hopes one day I will do the same, but the truth is im only in the gang to get to the bottom of who killed my father, and Sarah doesn't know it but that's where her role of being my fake girlfriend comes in place.

The truck took off with Brody driving, it's kind of ironic because every single last one of us has dark pitch black hair, and if you didn't you'd have to dye it. Besides the hair the only other way to classify us was by the tattoo we had, it was a snake on our right arm spelling out the word purgatory.