01

(Date posted: 170424)

A/N (220630): I can't believe 2017 me wrote this... This was lowkey good HAHAHAHAHHAHA

—————

If there was one person who enjoyed studying so much, that would be Hwang Eunbi—always the top of her class, not missing any incentive her professors gave, and even enjoyed doing extra work not even related to any of her subjects just for the sake of learning.

She lived in an apartment near the school, a 10-minute walk away to be precise. She practically lived in the library, though. She stayed there every single weekend that she could, not to mention that she also spent most of her free time there during the weekdays. 

Her classmates in the university saw her as a "nerd," but really, she was only doing all these to distract herself from things she didn't want to cross her mind.

She felt her phone vibrate and fished it out from her jean's pocket.

Fr: Kim Yewon
Meet me at the university cafeteria now.

She shrugged and started gathering her things and went to the librarian. She needed this certain book and since Yewon seemed to be in dire need to see her, she was just going to borrow it instead of reading it inside the library.

She plugged in her earphones once she was out of the library and started walking to the university cafeteria. Once she arrived, she scanned the area and spotted Yewon with Choi Hansol, their friend. Really, though. Eunbi always thought he was a good catch, but when Hansol sort of confessed to her, she turned him down. She just couldn't accept because of certain circumstances.

"Hwang Eunbi!" Yewon shamelessly shouted and her voice boomed throughout the cafeteria. Everybody looked at Eunbi and she shyly bowed her head down, attempting to cover her face with her hair as she walked to where her friends were.

"Seriously, Kim Yewon? Do you really have to do that?!" she hissed and clumsily placed her bag on one of the chairs. Yewon just gave her a cheeky smile and offered her a frappe which Eunbi gladly accepted.

"Good thing you arrived. Yewon here almost made my ear bleed. She doesn't stop talking!" Hansol exasperated. One thing that didn't change about Hansol was he remained casual about everything and Eunbi was extremely thankful for that.

"Oh, come on, Vernon! You really thought Lee Chaeeun likes you!" Yewon teased, calling him by his English name, and playfully punched his arm. 

"You made it sound so real!" Hansol said in defense and turned to Eunbi. "I almost went and asked her out," he said, frustrated, and Eunbi just shook her head in disbelief while smiling.

"Really, Hansol? You do know Chaeeun's dating Kim Eunchong, right?" Eunbi said and Hansol's eyes widened. 

"You're kidding, right?" Chaeeun was one of the most beautiful girls in their college (and year level) and Kim Eunchong was a senior. If what Eunbi said was true, then Chaeeun and Eunchong would be their college's 'it couple', Eunchong being a model himself and all that fancy stuff.

"You can't be serious, right? The whole college was talking about it since yesterday. I won't be surprised if the whole university would know about it soon. The professors even talk about it during breaks," Eunbi explained. Hansol pouted and glared at Yewon.

"How'd you know the professors were talking about it, too?" he asked.

"Student assistant, remember?" Eunbi said as if it was the most obvious thing about her.

"Aish. How come I'm the only one who doesn't know anything?" Hansol whined.

"And why did you want me to come?" Eunbi asked, turning to face Yewon.

"Oh, that?" Yewon sheepishly smiled and Eunbi exactly knew that she would either like or hate what was coming. "Have you opened your Twitter account?"

"Today? Not yet. I was busy finishing a paper for Professor Go's class and—"

"Okay, okay! I don't want to know about that, but I just thought that you should really know about this," Yewon said and shoved her phone towards Eunbi who had her eyebrows furrowed. Eunbi's eyes saw a tweet from bighit_bts and she instantly looked at Yewon with a frown without even reading what was contained in the said tweet.

"Yewon-ah, you do know I stopped following every account related to them and why are you—"

"Seriously, Hwang Eunbi. You would really want to know about that," Hansol cut her so Eunbi unwillingly read the tweet.

"You have got to be kidding me," she exasperated and looked at her two friends with a distressed face.

***

"And, 5,6,7,8! Okay, 15-minute break!" BTS' choreographer, Song Seundeok, said after five rounds of BTS doing their new song's choreography.

"Water, water. I need water," Taehyung desperately said as he walked towards the water dispenser located in their practice room. Heavy breathing can be heard in the whole room. BTS was known to have killer choreographies after all, and their new song "Blood, Sweat and Tears" was not an exemption.

"I swear our choreographies get more and more intense, I'm suing BigHit!" Seokjin exaggerated.

"You're okay, hyung," Jimin said with a smile.

"I still want to talk to Bang PD-nim about this. This is inhumane!" Seokjin exclaimed and the members, including their choreographer, looked at him with wide eyes. "What?" he asked and Hoseok used his lips to point at the door and there stood no other than Bang PD-nim and Seokjin's eyes widened.

"You were saying, Jin?" Bang PD asked with a smile, a genuine one even, as if he was very amused at what the eldest member just said.

"Annyeonghasaeyo," the group greeted.

"I-I was just ki-kidding, PD-nim," Seokjin stuttered and PD-nim gave a hearty laugh. Seokjin just awkwardly smiled and Bang PD turned to Jungkook. "Jungkook-ah," he called and signaled him to follow him to his office. Jungkook excused himself from the room and followed Bang PD out.

"Have a seat," Bang PD said and Jungkook silently followed.

"What is it, PD-nim?" Jungkook asked. He was actually thinking he did something wrong. "I didn't mean to drink all of the milk in the pantry!" he said in defense and PD-nim gave him a confused look.

"That was a sudden confession," PD-nim muttered and Jungkook internally scolded himself. "I appreciate the honesty, but that's not the reason why I called you in the middle of practice," he said and handed Jungkook a brown envelope. "It's about the matter we discussed," he added and Jungkook nodded politely in understanding.

"Thank you, PD-nim," he sincerely said and read the papers inside.

"Your hyungs already know about this?" Bang PD asked and Jungkook shook his head no, smiling sheepishly.

"I plan on telling them once everything's taken care of. You know, so I could answer their questions and all that. You know how they can be," Jungkook explained and Bang PD nodded thoughtfully.

"Well, you can tell them now," PD-nim said with a small laugh and Jungkook just nodded. "You can go back now. I know they're waiting for you. Make this comeback successful, the lot of you," PD-nim said and the young man politely excused himself before leaving the PD's office, literally skipping on his way back to his hyungs.

--------------------------------

Idk about Korean school curriculum, but Sinb and Umji are in their second year in college here (I re-read and I apparently made this happen three years after their break-up lol).

I'm honestly having a hard time about 11:11 and ILYSB 😂 They're kind of the same and I might mix them up. HAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT EVEN...

Anyway, your thoughts?

- Naomi