eight

eight

JASON

Once I pulled into my driveway Ryder and Wang were already there waiting for me. London hadn't stopped crying and my dad came out and helped her back into the house and comforted her...he never did like to see her cry. I strongly feel like my dad knows more stuff about her than I do and ever will but I guess I just have to sit around and let it happen. Or, let whatever it is come out on its own, whenever that may or may not be. I was sitting in my living room as London napped in my bed upstairs. I was on edge, staring at her phone on the table across from me. "I got to keep her safe." I muttered.

"What do you want us to do?" Wang asked.

"I need to find a girl that looks like London, and I need to use her as a decoy. I can't risk her going to Salvador and not being able to get back. She's defenseless there." I said.

"There's no way you can do that. Esteban will know it right away." My dad said from the doorway.

I looked up at him, never realizing that he was there to begin with. "I don't know what else to do."

"I got some men in the loop for Esteban. They gave me their word that they would get London and her mother on a plane safe and sound." My dad said sitting down.

"And what if they don't, dad?" I paused. "What if they fuck up and something happens to her? I wouldn't be able to live with that."

"You have to believe me when I say nothing is going to happen to them Jason. Those kids owe me their lives; they would put their own life at risk before something happens to those two."

I nodded. "Alright, I believe you. If you trust them, I trust them."

"Where does that leave you though?" Ryder asked.

"He said he'll know if I decide to add any additional people to the mix. I don't want to take the risk what so ever." I shook my head, running my hands over my face. "I'm starting to freak out."

"Hey," my dad started. "At least you know you have five guys on your side. Two will be meeting London when she gets off the plane and I know for sure one will be on the private plane with you two."

The phone rang. It was a blocked number and this time it was my phone and not London's. I picked up the phone and put it on speaker. "McCann." I said.

"Mr. McCann, it's nice speaking to you again." Esteban said on the other side of the phone.

"Wish I could say the same." I bit.

"Ah, so you're being so temperamental. I take it your girlfriend told you about our talk."

"She tells me everything."

"So you know the rules of what I'm engaging?"

"Yeah I know. I just don't know what you want with me though."

"See, it's not so much you as it is her. London means something to me so I can assure she won't be hurt but as for you, you're indebted to me."

"What makes you think that?" I snapped.

"You killed my nephew. Don't even try to deny it because it'll just piss me off, I have sources you wouldn't even begin to think of and I know for sure that you're the one that killed him."

"Oh and do your sources happen to be your other nephew Blake? Or do you mean the one that has been harassing my girlfriend? The one that knows nothing about the world that he's trying to enter?"

"In due time McCann, in due time."

"You're really starting to piss me off Esteban. What do you want from me?"