Chapter 3

Chapter 3

In high school I was a nobody, though I belonged in the pilot section. I wasn't competitive, and I didn't exert extra efforts to excel either academically or in sports. I wasn't part of any clubs and not even a part of any small group of peers. Yes, I have my own set of friends but not really the BFF type. I looked quite ordinary, just another face amongst the many faces in the crowd that didn't stand out. I was fair, shorter than most girls my age, a bit fleshy, and very ordinary looking. I was undefined and was simply a commoner in the class until the end of my junior year.

But everything changed when a new student came to our school in my senior year. He was in one of my classes. Though I was in section one while he's in section two, we were classmates in our TLE class, since we were given a choice to choose what major are we going to take in TLE. We both took ICT.

The first day he joined our class, I paid no attention to him. I had no interest in getting to know him. He was out of my league. He's tall, fair,  brown eyes, curly hair, and very good looking. Very neat and we'll groomed too. From his looks, one can tell that he's most likely well off. And I've heard that he's intelligent too. I'm sure he's someone who would definitely become a campus crush. For sure, he's not the kind of guy who would befriend someone like me. So why try getting to know him when I won't stand a chance huh?

But fate has it's funny way of messing things up. I always see him around flashing his close up smile with those perfectly white set of teeth. At first, I paid no attention. I guess he was just being nice because his classmate Mariesol was my friend and we often chat at the lobby during vacant periods. And besides, Mariesol is pretty, slim figured, and tall. She's even the muse of their class. So no wonder, Allen would be hanging around her. They would surely look good together.

Sol, had introduced Allen to me in one of those instances that he hang around us in the lobby. It was then that I started to notice his charming personality. He's smart, funny, and easy to get along with. And I fell for his charm, I sort of developed a crush on him, and I find it awkward whenever he's around. I started to distanced myself from Mariesol. During recess time, I decided not to pass in their classroom even if the alternative way to the canteen is so out of my way. At TLE class, I transferred to the seat at the back, so as to avoid looking at him directly since he was seated in my row.

I was successful at first, not until...

"Hi Ella, can I sit here?" He said in his baritone voice and when I looked up surprised, he winked at me.

OMG!! Now I'm doomed! I avoided looking at him, and I just nod in response coz I was so afraid that if I say a word I might squeak. He settled down and never said anything. I was so nervous, butterflies were roaming in my stomach. I could not concentrate on the lesson. His cologne wafted in the air and he smells so good that I feel like swooning. How relieved I was when the bell sounded. I was literally saved by the bell. I gathered my things and hurriedly went out of the classroom. I went straight to the study lounge and waited for Janine, my constant companion in going home.

That night I could hardly sleep. I've been tossing and turning in bed. Events of the day kept on replaying. Why did he sit beside me huh? We're not really friends. I could only count the number of times we spoke to each other. Whatever his reasons could be,  I have no plans of asking him. I can always go back to my original seat. Our teacher won't mind anyway. She knew us wherever we were seated. She's been our teacher since second year.

The following morning at recess time,  Mariesol waited for me outside the classroom. She grabbed my arm and told me to come with her to the canteen. It's so unusual of her, since we never had snacks together. We would only meet at the lobby and chat. But today, she practically dragged me to the canteen and even said that it's her treat. Oh well, who says no for free snacks huh?

When we get there, all tables and chairs were taken. We looked around when a familiar voice called us. It was Allen and he's waving at us pointing to the empty chairs next to him. Mariesol smiled at him and told me to follow her. I was hesitant because I don't want to be the third wheel. I turned back and was about to go when a hand held my shoulders.

"And where do you think you're going?" I looked back and saw Allen smirking.

"I--I'm not hungry..." I stammered.

"Excuse me, I'll go ahead." I added without looking at him.

"Oopppsss...not so fast sweetie." He held my wrist and gave me that heart melting smile. "Come on, it's my treat.. Let's celebrate."

"Celebrate?! About what?" I confusedly queried.

"Celebrate about being...ahmm.. seatmates!" He enthusiastically added.

I rolled my eyes for his shallow response. He only let go of my wrist when we reached the table. Mariesol looked so amused at us. She has this knowing smile, but never said anything.

Allen bought a box of pizza and iced tea. I ate bashfully and ignored his stares at me. I refused to meet his gaze coz I was afraid that I might get lost in the abyss of his mesmerizing brown eyes. When we're done,  Mariesol went to the library to grab some pocketbooks.

"I'll walk you to your classroom Ella." He volunteered.

"Thanks, but you don't have to. Anyways, thank you for the snacks."

"Well, I insist! Let's go!"

{Hello lovelies,
Yeah it's me again. Thank you for your votes, I really appreciate each time you click on that star. Spread the love and share this story to your friends. Comments and more comments please...I really look forward to reading them. 😍}

XOXO
PretTilay 👸