Chapter 22

Chapter 22
JOEL'S POV

Ella's call earlier got me worried. Someone else is sending her flowers. I have to level up my game to win her affection. I'm getting there..but with this new guy in the picture, it might take me some time. I don't want to wait. I want her to be mine. What Joel Ramirez wants, Joel Ramirez gets. It's a mantra I'm so used to for the longest time. When I set my heart on something, I pursue it until it becomes mine...and you Miss Ella Perez will be mine too.

I checked my watch, Ella and Kat will be here soon. Texted her to meet me here at The Vikings. I don't have any idea what her bff is like and what food she prefers. Vikings' the safest choice since they showcased different cuisines. I have to impress her friend and earn pogi points. Persuading tactics you know. Hahaha I am not Joel Ramirez "The Hardcourt Hot Shot" for nothing. I could have cut the chase and went directly to the point, but Ella is different. She's her own person and can't be assuaged by mere looks and sheer talent. Her kind go for personality and substance. Quite difficult to impress, but I know my charm is working its way on her. I just don't want to rush her. But this mysteriously unknown suitor is somehow ruining my plans. I have to double time while my spell is still working on her.

I glanced at the entrance every now and then, so as not to missed Ella and her friend. And I did the right thing coz the moment they appeared at the entrance, I saw them. I waved at them when they saw me. Her friend looked strikingly beautiful, exuding a different aura. But compared to Ella, she's too sassy for my liking. I wonder how they got along when they appeared to be opposite. Ella is more refined yet sporty..simple yet elegant..intelligent yet humble..her beauty is not superficial. It seemed to be radiating from within, making her glow with radiance. I find her very interesting. And not having her for a girlfriend would be a great disappointment. Since I've met her, I haven't been out on a date. Something that rarely happened to me. I string along women and I have no problem getting a new one even if I'd do it on a daily basis. But bumping into her, changed everything. I've become tamed, like a chained pet waiting for its master. Hahaha it sounds unbelievable, but it's really true. I'm trying to be Mr. Nice guy to be worthy of her affection. Something I haven't done for the longest time. Being a basketball star gave me the upper hand of the dating game as well. Women just flock and I get to pick who I want. But not this time. I've been avoiding weekend parties...one night stands..and hook ups..You know trying hard to be Mr. Worthy..hahaha! Who would have thought that a woman can turn me into someone so not me?

Since the day I've met Ella Perez, I no longer pay any attention to women in my circle. They all seemed so shallow and superficial. While Ella is deep and with substance. It felt like she's the missing link of the chain that would bind me to stay grounded. I may not have known her that long, but I've done my research. And what I know about her is more than enough motivation to pursue her. She's the kind of woman a man will bring home and introduce to his family. And before I could do that, I have to make her my girlfriend first! And that includes earning cookie points from her bff. I have to make a good impression to Kat so that she would approve of me to be Ella's boyfriend. She seemed to have a great influence on Ella from the way she talked about their friendship.

"Good evening lovely ladies, please have a seat." I stood up gave Ella a peck on her cheek and pulled a chair for each of them. Such a gentleman gesture will never go unnoticed. Yes, chivalry usually makes the ladies feel important.

"Hi Kat, we've met again. I'm glad you could come. Sorry to intrude in your dinner plans." I looked at Kat and gave her my magazine-worthy smile showing off my dimples while extending my hand towards her.

"No worries. This is a good idea, so I could get to know you better." She gripped my hand and gave me a warm-welcoming smile. I'm pretty sure we'll get along.

"That sounds great. I have to be at my best then to earn your approval to be Ella's future boyfriend."

"Well... You should be, since every suitor has to pass through me." Kat's face lightened like a Christmas tree adorned with the blinking lights. While Ella blushed and  poked me with her elbow. She looked so adorable with the soft blush tinting her face.

"Joel, stop it please. You're giving her false hopes." Ella said pouting her cute kissable lips. She looked more adorable. If only I could kiss those luscious lips.

"Well, so much of these pleasantries. Ladies why don't we fill our plates first and talk over a pile of scrumptious food on our table." I suggested and waited for them to follow my lead to the array of foods from different international cuisines.

Once our plates were filled with our food choices, we went back to the table and started talking. Kat dominated the discussion. There was no dull moment with her. She seemed to be so at ease with my presence as if we've been friends for years. And I learned so much about Ella from the anecdotes she shared. It's a good thing that I've insisted on tagging along in their dinner plans. Dinner went well and as expected, I earned plenty of pogi points tonight.

"Hey Joel, would you mind checking this out?" Ella suddenly asked.

{Hello lovelies,
Here's an early update so as not to keep you from waiting. I'm so loaded at work and I need to vent my stress. And what's a good way to release stress than to compose a chapter of my long overdue story..hihi..Enjoy reading and don't forget to vote! Thankies!!😘😍}

XOXO
PretTiLay 👸