Chapter 12

Chapter 12
ALLEN'S POV

Ella is really different from all the girls who were fawning at me like fangirls. She's always distant and wouldn't even look at me. My charm is not working on her. I have to do something to get her to like me. So, I started to hang out in the lobby near her classroom everytime Mariesol is talking to her, so I could easily join in their conversation without looking so desperate. And that's how it all started. She began to be at ease in my company, but still she wouldn't look at me straight in the eyes. She would look anywhere but me and would often dodge questions I threw her way. But she would laugh at my corny jokes. It seems like I'm starting to get through her.

But I have a feeling that she thought I'm interested in Mariesol. She would often tease me about how Mariesol and I looked good together. I would just shrugged about it. Sometimes, I would even say what about us, don't we make a good pair? And she would just laughed about it and won't even entertain the thought. She's so oblivious of my intentions no matter how I tried to keep on stirring the conversation towards us.

Since, she won't fall for my irresistible looks and charming ways, I eventually asked Mariesol to help me out. Like to throw a word or two in their conversation as to how I admired her and stuffs like that. But instead of noticing my feelings for her, she ended up avoiding me at all cost. She even transferred to a seat at the back to be away from me since I was seated right in front of her. I felt so desperate and I followed her, then I took the seat next to her. She fidgeted and won't look at me. I on the other hand was a tad nervous, but I masked what I felt with my close up worthy smile and started out with my smooth moves to woo her. But at the end of the class she hurriedly left without saying a word. So much so about making smooth moves.

The following day, I asked Mariesol a favor. I told her to bring Ella to the canteen so I could talk to her. But when Ella saw that I was there, she turned away, but I was fast enough to grab her wrist and told her to stay. I then gave her my heart-melting smile which no girl could resist. I even stupidly made up a story about us celebrating our friendship now that we're seatmates in ICT class. I know it's such a lame excuse but she seemed to buy it and she stayed. Me and my convincing power, really smooth...Hahaha...I was never like this to any girl. I didn't really have to exert any effort at all. It's always the girls who did the first move to get my attention and earn a date from me. But with Ella, it's so different.

Once we're done eating, Mariesol exited saying she's going to grab some pocketbooks from the library, leaving Ella with me. That's what we've agreed earlier. She will go ahead so I could have alone time with Ella. But knowing Ella who is always evading me, I blatantly told her that I'm walking her to her classroom. She refused, but I didn't budge. I just smiled and walked beside her.

"I'll see you at lunch sweetie. Thanks for the company." I playfully said earning some stares from her classmates. Letting them assume that we're together now. I flashed a boyish smile to those who openly stared at us before I left. My heart is rejoicing. I can't wait for lunch time to arrive.

Once the bell rang, I hurriedly went to Ella's classroom and waited for her outside. Good thing they're not yet dismissed when I get there. The moment she's out of the door, I grabbed her hand and told her we have to go. She's hesitant at first but eventually she gave in to my persuasion. I tried to play it cool though deep inside my heart was racing so fast.

All throughout lunch, I tried my best to act so casual and made her feel comfortable. Once we're done I wanted to take her home to find out where she lives. But this time she was so persistent that I shouldn't. I was being stubborn but I don't want to push my luck any further. Today is a good beginning and I will pick up from here. I know that eventually she will give in. I don't want to pressure her and the more that I don't want to impose.

That day I went home wearing that stupid grin even when I went to sleep. I kept on remembering her bashful smiles and the fluttering of her eyelashes. Everytime I stare at her she would blush which look so adorable as her cheeks were tinted by the soft shade of pink. I am really in too deep with her but I don't care. Being with her gives me the best feeling in the world. And I haven't felt this thrilled and happy in a long time. Transferring wasn't a bad idea after all.

I know most of my friends disliked the idea of me wooing this ordinary looking girl who doesn't have anything to stand out in a pool of pretty rich girls. She's out of my league I know, but I can't resist the attraction. Everytime I saw her my heart flutters in a way no words can describe. It's pretty overwhelming and I can't help but let myself fall. There is something about her that I found enthralling pulling me closer.

People may see her ordinarily, but my eyes see a different version of her and my heart agrees with my eyes. It's like seeing through her beyond her plain facade and finding a rare gem only a few are lucky enough to behold.

{Hello lovelies,
I'm still using Allen's POV and yeah still on flash back so I can better establish what they have in the past. Tell me what you think by leaving a comment and please don't forget to vote and share. Leave your comments too.. I'd really love to hear from you! Thanks mucho!! 😍}

XOXO
PretTiLay 👸