Chapter 20 [Planning the Proposal]

Santana's POV

It's Dani and I 's 2 year anniversary in four days. Time went by so fast! I've got everything prepared. Rachel is going to occupy Dani for the day, while I'll set up everything at Central Park. I can't wait for that day. I just hope Dani says yes. I go eat in the kitchen and find Berry making out with Fabray and Lady Hummel and Blaine watching a romantic movie. Ugh. "Berry and Fabray, Get a room!!" I yelled. Berry and Quinn looked at me and rolled their eyes. "Hey, it's not like we never see you eating you girlfriend's face once in a while," Rachel said. I rolled my eyes and went to the refrigerator. I poured myself some orange juice. I was pouring some cereal in a bowl when I felt arms wrapping around my waist. Then I felt sweet kisses on my neck. "Good morning, beautiful" Dani said. I smiled and turned around "Good morning, babe." I pecked her lips and ate breakfast. "So, what do you want to do today?" I looked at her and we locked eyes. I swear, everytime I look into her eyes, I get lost in them. Their so beautiful and the chocolate brown color; so sexy. "Whatever you want to do." I replied after zoning out for a while. "Can we go out for lunch later with the others?" I turned to the two couples in the living room. "Guys, do you want to go out for lynch with us?" I asked them. They all nodded with a smile. "Great! How about we go walk?" she asked. "Sure,Dani. Let me just get changed." I quickly changed, put makeup on, and walked out of my room. Dani whistled when she saw me. "What?" I asked her. "You're hot." she said. I chuckled. "You look so sexy with that short tshirt and the short shorts, and the shoes. I dig your snapback." I smiled. My snapback said "NYC" It was black with splashes of colors here and there. I took her hand and we walked outside. As we walked in the streets, Dani turned to me. "San, we need to talk." "Ok." We walked to the nearest bench, and sat. "What's on your mind?" I asked her. "I need to tell you something." I was worried. I'm scared if what I think she's going to say, she will say. "Are you breaking up with me?" I asked "No, no! Baby, I would never break up with you." Dani assured me. I let out a sigh of relief. "Santana, ever since we were together, we promised to always tell the other the truth, remember?" I nodded in reply. "Well, I have something I need to tell you." Dani took a deep breath. "I cut myself again." My heart shattered. "I thought you were better! You were clean for a whole year! Why did you cut again?" I asked. I can't believe that she would harm herself again. She's too perfect for this kind of pain. "I had nightmares of the past. I had nightmares of my dad hurting me. And I had this really bad one last night." I hugged her and rubbed her back. "What was it about?" Dani took a deep breath. "I saw my father harming you. You were naked, tied to a chair, covered in scratches and cuts. You were begging him to stop and had tears streaming down your face. I yelled at him to stop. He started to hurt me. I started to cry. He threatened me with a gun to stop crying. I tried to hold it in. When you saw him put the gun to my head, you yelled 'No!'. He pointed the gun at you and shot you. Then he dissapeared. I walked over to you, untied you, and held you in my arms. I kissed you and kept blaming myself that you died, right in front of me. I woke up, and walked to the drawer. The nightmare was so realistic, I actually believed that you were gone. I went in the bathroom and cut my wrist." Dani had tears rolling down her face. I held her tight and rubbed her back. "I will never leave you. Promise." We walked back to the apartment and got the others ready. We all went in Kurt's car and drove to the restaurant. We went to an italian restaurant and ordered some pizza and spaghetti. We drove back and watched some movies. Finally, Catching Fire ended. I hate that movie. "Dani I'm gonna take a shower and go to bed." I said. She nodded and I left. I was singing 'Valerie' by Amy Winehouse, when I heard a familiar voice joining with me. "Hey there," Dani said "Hello, Dani. Care to join me in my shower?" she chuckled "Yes please.." We made out and went in our room. We just layed there, next to each other, cuddling. I couldn't wait to call her my wife.