6. Strangest

The Shadow couldn't sleep because of two reasons. First: the last time he fall asleep for a while, he dreamt of the Weirdo, the same black and red locks surrounding a missing face, but this time he could see her body, mostly her thighs covered by a black cotton shirt and stockings and he was sure this time that she is wearing stockings, because his hands were there lifting the t-shirt, feeling her smooth skin underneath his fingers, but unfortunately it turned out that her thighs are endless and it was impossible for him to see the garter on her waist and he really wanted to see it. What started like a very pleasant dream ended like a frustrating nightmare. And the second reason were his doubts about the answer he left for her, not that it was short or rude, but his attempt to make it clear for her that he is mostly interested in her brain cut her games inchoate. He was afraid that his disinterest will unhook her from the game and she will stop responding and he wasn't ready, not until he has the full picture of her mind. Every time he closed his eyes he could see himself sitting on the ground writing carefully and this scene was repeated before him again and again, "1. Nice show you made today; 2. How did Marina react to your outfit?". But to be honest with himself the first reason was bothering him more, every time he dreamt of her it was only her hair and the faceless face, not that this image was less disturbing, but the fact that he was touching her and on top of it all it wasn't very innocently. He woke up from that dream covered in sweat, he was hot and to make the things even worse - sexually frustrated, I mean come on, it was something like a nightmare - her thighs were kilometers long, it was frustrating and terrifying view but at the end he was still hard. Breathing heavily, sitting on the edge of his bed with his head in his hands and his fingers painfully stuck to his scalp he was cogitating the idea of exchanging his answer, but he had to wait for more than 3 hours to do it.

- I must take a shower! - he said out loud and his voice resonated from the walls hitting his ears with hoarseness. He was surprised by the sound of it and that made him jump away from his bed and right in to the bathroom. He switched the hot water and started enjoying the steam even before jumping under it, but the strong urge forming at the bottom of his belly made him stretch his hand and turn the faucet to make the water cooler. When it was cold enough for him he stepped under the stream and started washing his body to get rid of the sweat that was all over it. When he was finished he just leaned against the wall and let the droplets wash his face. The only mistake he did was closing his eyes, because the uninvited image of her biting her bottom lip while slowly lifting the black fabric of his baggy shirt up her thighs and even higher above her black lace panties and she never stopped until her fingers reached her belly and he was finally able to see the garter, what a relieve or maybe the relieve was his hand reaching for his shaft.

Unlike him on some other part of the town Helena Allen James was sleeping calmly like baby. At first when she was walking towards her house (and before stepping into the bakery) she was feeling a little sad and disappointed she was excited to read his answer and from it to try to figure out his reaction to her outfit, but unfortunately the answer never came. She was checking almost after every class that she had, but the note was still the same and unmoved, consistent only of her neatly written question. She was troubling her mind with the absence of the a note on the whole way to the bakery, but after the first freshly baked muffin with chocolate and ice cream all her worries vanished. While she was chewing on one of the tables outside the shop she decided that everything she is doing is because of herself, not someone else but herself. And with that decision she felt the stone, that was sitting uncomfortably in her belly all day long, finally vanished and she could breath again freely. She kept convincing herself on her way home and the second muffing laying in the paper bag in her right hand was giving her sense of security. She spent the whole afternoon reading some books with, according to her, strong characters and wrote down some features that she believed her personalities have to posses. That was the easy part of the task, the hard one was to implement all those features into her character's background stories. She loved every single one of them (except for Ema) and she was trying to give them the history that they deserved, and just because she despised Ema she never gave her a story, but after all she was never too involved in that identity. It was like she was writing a book and every on of them was a chapter of that book, book of mind, she was trying to make them multilayered and interesting and of course, usable in different situations, after all that was the essence of their existence. She didn't dream at all that night (or at least she didn't remember) and it was one of the sweetest night sleeps she had in a while. She was well rested on the next morning and ready to embrace the new day, no matter if he decides to answer or not, and no matter what he decides to answer. She was back to normality, in her head the last day's crazy stunt wasn't important at all and she could just go back to the tracks of her existence, and that's what she did.