II. Abandoned Woods

Faron Woods was bright today. The trees were lit by the noon day sun, and shone through the copious leaves onto the circle before Link, whom ran down to it.

He remembered this clearing of the trees, the exact spot where he first fought the beasts of the Twilight. Zant's beasts. The once-wolf shook off the thought and ran to Farona's spring, the waters flowing out at his feet. Maybe if the spirit heard his call to his horse, he'd appear and aid Link.

The sweet tone rang out from the weed-like caller, and surely Epona didnt appear, but neither did Farona.

Links hand shone with brinming light. The Triforce of Courage. Passed to him by the Hero's Shade, the Link to the past.

He frowned, and looked down the dark tunnel to North Faron Woods. He had to go there despite the strange slumber of Farona, therefore he did so, running though the tall grass and left to Coro's house. Maybe the bird nest haired man had seen something?

Yet, the lantern oil spot was empty, vacant of Coro. Link shouted towards the young man's house, but there was no word.

He may have gone to Hyrule again, so Link didn't fret too much no matter how silent were the woods.

Link had walked through the clearing through the northern forest and out to Trill's shoppe, where the little twittering bird wasn't.

Now things were weird. Where were all of the people in Faron Woods? Was it due to the absence of Faron himself, or what was it?

Link veered off to the entrance to the resting place of the Master Sword, his trusted blade by the gods. Epona could not make Midna's wolfy strides, so he ruled that out.

If Epona was anywhere, she'd be here. Link was sure Rusl had sealed off the Forest Temple, so how could Epona be here? She wasn't anywhere...

She wasn't in Hyrule Field either, because Rusl had sealed off that exit, allowing Coro to have the key. It was seen by Link Coro had locked the door closed behind him.

"Link!" The feminine voice of none other than Ilia herself radiated for a thousand miles at the disoriented Hero of Light.

Link jumped and slowly turned at Ilia. "Yes?"

Ilia frowned, the common hands on hips gesture bleeding through. She was clearly disappointed, as there was no anger, but no pride....
"How foolish can you be, Link?"

Link shrugged, curling up as Ilia stomped towards him. "Why was Epona back near the lake? Shouldn't you know horses hsve a tendency to jump in water!"

They didnt but if Link said anything he'd be pushed off the edge of the forest. Relief spread through him though. Wow. Hed come all this way just to be told---

"Fado is so mad at you, you know!" yelled the hot headed lady. "Wed better get back, or itll get so dark we wont even be able to see when we get back!"